Mp3 Player - iPod discussion for Martin

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by uscpuke, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Luv4LSU

Luv4LSU Founding Member

I heard there were problems with batteries holding charge after 2 years or so of owning it. Doesn't the manufacturer give you a one year exchange warranty. But from what Red told me, I guess I oughta get my tight-a$$ to Best Buy and get one then. :thumb:

2. khounba

khounba Founding Member

I have a Phillips GoGear 30g I bought a couple of years ago. Has a built in FM tuner and voice recorder. Can even record FM radio. I bought it to listen to the games while I'm in the stadium. I can use one ear bud to listen to the radio broadcast and I'm still able to listen to whats going on around me. Battery is still going strong.

Only con is that the screen is smaller than the video I-Pod. It doesn't play video's so that doesn't really bother me too much. I think the newer models do play video. Not really sure.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

i used to have problems hearing my ipod on city streets, and i turned it all the way up. then later i would hear how loud that was when i was back home in the quiet. i couldnt believe this was the volume i was listening to on the street, it was deafening. i mean it was insane, i think it is dangerous to try and overcome loud noise with super loud earphones. buy some sound-isolating earphones, the kind that plug in your ears and block noise, you can turn those down and still hear em, because it makes it quiet in your head.

i feel like playing music with my friends growing up, as well as years of listenin to headphones too loud has messed up my hearing, so now i am careful.

1 person likes this.
  4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

WHAT?

1 person likes this.
  5. martin

martin Banned Forever

huh, speak up?