Multiple Sources: Crowton unlikely to return

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Blue TurboDog, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

didn't say i was against it.

2. msully

msully Founding Member

MAYBE lES

MAYBE LES GOT FED UP AND IS TAKING THE GATOR JOB , THE GATOR FANS WOULD LOVE TO TRADE WITH US THIS YEAR

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

How sweet would it be if Crowton is named Florida's new OC.

4. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

According to a Gator alum friend of mine, Crowton is a name that has actually been tossed around by Florida fans. I knew they were desperate to be rid of Addazio, but damn.

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Don't tease me, bro.

2 people like this.
  6. married2atiger

married2atiger Founding Member

I don't know what your gator friend drinks but I want some! Now that's just plain stupid. First off you hire some guy with no HC experience then you are gonna go after an OC that has been in the bottom rung of NCAA offense production over the last few years. Floridas AD isnt that dumb and we r not that lucky. Another reason why this rumor (crowton not planning on returning has no legs.....

7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

The Crowton not returning rumor has it's own legs without any rumor job openings.

Mettenberger-Miles went hard after this guy, seemingly placing all his eggs in that basket. Mettenberger ain't running no option, bro.

Rivers-Same kinda deal. This young man ain't running no option, either.

Hilliard and Hill-Not exactly spread type guys. I know currently Hill is uncommitted, but nonetheless, he's what LSU was after, along with Hilliard.

OL-The guys we are getting commits from/trying to get, even 2012 guys, are nothing less than humongous pro style run the ball down your throat type guys. Again, pro style, not Crow style.

Crowton's days are numbered, IMO. The fact that all these other spread guys have taken other jobs already means nothing, because they wouldn't have ever fit here anyway. LSU is not going to be a spread team. LSU is not gonna run the Air Raid. LSU is gonna run the ball. Period. Difference is, they're gonna have a passing threat that will need to be respected in order for the running game to work. Yet another reason Crow has to go.

8. geauxtigers45

geauxtigers45 Founding Member

This man speaks true words of wisdom :thumb: spot on with every point

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

:thumb:

I know not everyone follows recruiting, but if you do at all, it's fairly clear that Miles is going away from Crowton's style. I don't see him keeping Crowton, but going away from his style of offense. I also don't see him making a show of firing Crowton. I think this is gonna happen in as subtle a way as possible, probably right around January 8th. Possibly the 10th.

If you're looking for a Leach style Air Raid or Malzhan style spread type hire, you can forget about it. It wasn't ever gonna happen. Look more toward what makes sense. Pro style. Look for a RB coach out of the NFC South.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Yeah but that really doesn't mean Crowton is out. Crowton has actually had some success with pocket quarterbacks. And I think Miles and Crowton are stuck on the 2qb system. I think they feel that it worked in 07, and if they get the right combination, they can bring back the magic. Mettenberger, is a pro-style, pocket passer, and you still have JJ for one more year. Run those 2 dual, and Crowton stays.

I think he has one more year to fix the offense given the weapon he has been given, a quarterback who can throw the football.

Do I agree with that plan of action? No, but in some way, really can't explain how, but I can see their logic, albeit fuzzy logic.

I just don't see anything happening this late in the game, and with so many coaches looking for assistants, maybe they feel that they can't get an upgrade at this time. And I know the reaction would be that anything would be an upgrade, but would it? You have a chance if you beat Oregon next year to make a run for a national championship, it will be very hard, with games at Alabama, and at Ole Miss, and at West Virginia, but is making a move this late going to be productive, or counter productive considering next season could be special? A new coordinator and you would have to essentially start over on offense. However, that may just be what LSU needs. Could they be looking at it as a bad time to make a change? Or is it definitely time to make that change now so all of this young offensive talent can play in a new system?

Great points though Fish.