Munoz back in Mix for passing game Coord.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rougarou2020, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Rougarou2020

Rougarou2020 Freshman

And LSU lost two more Analysts today!

Things getting crazy!

Pelini got hired this week and Brady’s replacement will be hired next week.

Coach quote:
    “I’m taking my time, to be honest with you, it has to be the right fit,” Orgeron said. “Obviously, we have a list of names, we have some great candidates out there. We are going to start interviewing guys maybe as early as next week. We'll vet the guys that are the best fit for us. We have some great candidates there."

"I'm just very fortunate that we have Steve Ensminger," Orgeron added. "He's been the glue to the whole thing. As we know, Steve doesn't have an ego, he did a fantastic job, one of the most prolific offenses last year. We have him back."

“Jorge Munoz was a big key for us, we lost him, he went to Baylor. Dave (Aranda) made a good hire there but he would still be a candidate to come back,” Orgeron said. “I’m going to look at all the guys we have and we are going to get the best for LSU.”

Talk about a carousel!

Two analysts were lost today

WR Analyst
    LSU offensive analyst and wide receiver assistant Blaine Gautier is reportedly leaving the staff to become the wide receivers coach job at McNeese State, according to Shea Dixon. Gautier, a native of Edgard, Louisiana played quarterback at ULL and has been on LSU's staff since 2015.

Defensive Analyst
    LSU defensive analyst Ronnie Wheat is leaving the staff to become the safeties coach at Nevada, according to Shea Dixon with 247Sports.

Wheat, a native of Vancleave, Miss., has been on LSU's staff since the 2013 season and was considered one of Dave Aranda's top assistants on the field and on the recruiting trail.quote:
    While part of the defensive staff, Wheat helped coach an impressive group of linebackers that included future NFL Draft picks like Devin White, Kendell Beckwith, Duke Riley, Deion Jones, Kwon Alexander and Lamin Barrow. He was also instrumental in on-campus recruiting alongside Aranda and two other defensive coordinators, helping the Tigers reel in the likes of four-star middle linebackers Josh White and Antoine Sampah in the current 2020 class, with both inking with the Tigers during December's Early Signing Period.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Blane we knew you well.

Oh wait, we ever heard of you. Nevermind.

3. Rougarou2020

Rougarou2020 Freshman

Analysts are a dime a dozen. Good Analysts are hard to replace. Great Analysts are worth fighting for. Wheat was a great one. Gautier was getting there. Sounds like Coach gonna buy Munoz back and we get the news starting next week

NCAA rules: 10 coaches and unlimited number of Analysts (no NCAA limits)

Saban has a Football Ops Building for his dozen or so Analysts who outnumber ours many times over! Ed Orgeron is catching on and will be adding analysts to help scouting, game prep and recruiting.

Brian and lsu-i-like like this.
  4. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Good news, sounds like Coach O might be targeting Munoz as WR coach.

5. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I never understood how it worked with Brady, but Mickey Joseph is still our WR coach. I’m trying to figure the role they would give Munoz if he came back.

Rolan likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Brady was the passing game coordinator.

Brian likes this.
  7. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

I have been meaning to look that up, maybe passing game coordinator like Brady?

8. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Or maybe Micky Joseph gets a promo and Munoz comes in as WR coach. But if that was the plan, why did he move to Baylor. Very interesting statement by Coach, could be miscommunication.

9. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Good question. I honestly think that O has been running around like a maniac recruiting ever since the championship. He was calling recruits the night of and was on the road the next day. I really just think he didn’t get a chance to sit down with everyone and come up with a plan on offense.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    Rolan likes this.
  10. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

True but I thought he also had a WR title. Maybe my brain is messing with me.

Rolan likes this.