Muslim = Derogatory ?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex_B, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Let me say one more thing about the Muslim extremists.
    There is no doubt they hate the way we live but they sure don't mind going to strip clubs and those sort of things they are suppose to hate before they kill.

I've never understood whey the "good" Muslims don't stand up and denounce these terrible things that some do.
    They are either scared of them or the news doesn't report it or both.
    There is no doubt in my mind before, after 9/11, terror cells in the US and many other places that there is a war going on between some Muslims and the rest of the world.
    There is no way of knowing just how bad this will become in the future.
    I think a whole lot of people either choose to ignore it or are in denial.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

You know whats funny about that, my sister teases me all the time about looking middle eastern and I mean all the time because of my skin and hair texture.

but every damn time I fly, they always pull me out of the line for selective screening, it has happen the last 9 out 10 times I have been in an airport for the last 6 years. Its a running joke in my family now..

3. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I'm sorry that this happens to you, but I agree fully with profiling people that appear Middle Eastern in airports.

1 person likes this.
  4. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I dont mind it either to a certain extent, I just think its funny that it happens to me often in airports.

5. Sourdoughman

I'm sorry to hear that as well but I'm glad that they are cautious with people other than grandma.

6. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I used to always fly with this dude who was a Sique from India. I called him Jervis, but his real name was Jervishini Khahdkikar. He always wore a turban and had a ZZ Top beard. At least he cut his fingernails. Anyway that dude should have been profiled, but never was.

I hated traveling with that dude because he had some magic knife or sword or something that he had to carry with him, so he always checkeda bag.

7. LSUDeek

Sikh... and they are actually obligated to carry that dagger around with them to signify their willingness to stand against tyranny.

8. Sourdoughman

Gee thanks, I was just starting to feel better!:lol:

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Yeah Sikh, Sique whatever. Man I learned everything about it. I can tell you whatever you want to know about the five Ks or the ten gurus or that governing principle of the universe that I can't spell. I think it is waguru or something.

Anyway the magic sword was a pain because it meant waiting on him. In India he could just carry it on the plain with him so long as the knife was small. Small meant a maximum 6 inch blade.

10. LSUDeek

You should know all about the veneration of man made objects. :grin: