My 2 cents about Smoke

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigerskin, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Now who is stoned?

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

lmao are they not words? hell i aint looking them up lol.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

All I know is we are in the winner's bracket, it's Saturday and it's all good.

PS: And that vaunted college baseball powerhouse (at least the media wishes like hell that they were), Notre Dame is in the losers bracket. BWAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAA!!!!!

4. b L e S e U r

b L e S e U r Founding Member

You misunderstand me. Unlike many others I am not pulling against this team. I hope they win it all. I am not a bandwagon fan my friend.

I hope we do win it all this year- and every year. But like you said in your post, the dominance we had in the 90s will never be reached again. And like I said in my post, I am fine with that. I will still be cheering them on as they win tons of games.

So please dont treat me like I am anti-smoke or like I'm pulling against the team, because that is not the case.

Oh and

insurmountable (is that a word) - Yes. And you used it quite well.

detractors (is that a word too?) - Yes. Detractors are very expensive nowadays. I just bought one for just over 10,000.

5. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

analogy? I ended the sentence with a question mark. Wouldn't that make it a question?
    If he had played ball like a man and run the stupid catcher over (since he was blocking the plate), he would have scored twice.

6. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I hear you LSU beer. Even Skip probably couldn't duplicate his remarkable run in today's college baseball landscape (more parity). This year's team has probably underachieved a little and Smoke has received more blame than warranted. I think just getting to the CWS should be considered a successful season. With our past dominance, it may be difficult to think in those terms but that's the way I look at it. Just getting there isn't as automatic as it used to be obviously and I'm not sure there is any other "magic coach" that could do what Skip did.

7. b L e S e U r

b L e S e U r Founding Member

right on.

8. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

remains to be seen. Probably, LOL I like that, you're way out? WEST coast O? is that like USC>? :dis:

nevertheless, firing smoke is about as stupid as eating a box of Ex lax then going on a camping trip. You **** your drawers, basically embaressing and everybody knows who stinks. I hope LSU freak posts 12,0000 posts because I personally am gettin weary of seeing these assclowns calling for coach firings. Not saying that you are,,,,,, just whoever.