my 2010-2011 depth chart prediction.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geauxtigers45, Nov 17, 2009.

1. geauxtigers45

geauxtigers45 Founding Member

I know it's early with recuirting and everything still going on, but I was curious to see how our depth chart would look for next year, if we landed some recruits,so i gave it a look. * indicates recruit from 2010

Transfers
    Jarrett Lee

QB: Jefferson Garrett Shep ( big play threat)

RB: Ridlay Murphy Ford Calhoun Seastrunk*

FB Allen Dugas Worle*

Wr: Toliver C Toliver Hunter*

WR Randle J Taylor Davis*

TE Peterson Joseph Edwards Dickson*

OT: Faulk Hurst Branch

OG: Josh D. Blackwell

OC Hebert Spencer

OG Longeran Lowe

OT Blackwell Shaw Hardrick*

DE: Aghayere Montgomery

DT Downs Davenport

DT Nevis Hicks Marsh*

DE Levingston Brockers Clement

OLB Baker Mingo

MLB Minter Theriot

OLB Sheppard Jones Maclin*

CB Peterson Mathieu*( surprise player will turn into a beast) Vinson*

CB Eugene Claiborne (will become starter)

FS Jones Loston Simon*

SS Taylor Hatcher Reid*

K Jasper

P Helton

Breakdown. We are thin at CB after this year. Peterson Claiborn and Eugene are going to be the only players with expeirence.

Linebacker will be a strength or weakness depending on Baker and Minter and if Shepard returns

DT Should be a strength.

DE Levingston and Aghayere will be the only ones with PT

RB should be stacked, excited about ridlay

FB Allen should become a beast, continue LSU tradition of having a good one

WR Tolliver and Randle will be deadly, C Toliver will be a great deep threat watch for hunter and davis

TE: Peterson is coming into his own. Joseph has some expeirence. Edwards should improve.

OT Excited about Faulk, should be a good one. Barksdale will be beastly also, watch for Shaw to contribute

OG Really thin here Josh D only player with expeince

OC Hopefully hebert doesn't go down.

QB: Jefferson will be the starter, Garrett will be another matt flynn. Will be starting as a JR.

FS: Jones will be the number one safety in the draft if he doesn't declare this year. Loston will dominate his soph year.

SS: Taylor is improving, and Hatcher can hold his own.

Thoughts

2. SOUTHPAW

SOUTHPAW Founding Member

zack lee at qb and gore at rb, if there are no injuries then hopefully they can get redshirted

3. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

If the coaches can try and get JJ to utilize the TE more often, Peterson's role will be solid.

4. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I think Montgomery starts at DE. Not sold on Levingston he isnt quick enough.

5. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

the offensive line especially with peterson as TE (who will be a great receiving TE) still worries me.

this isn't a little deal. the O line can stall your entire offense.

this will be the biggest issue for miles in the next two years and if we can play well in spite of it.

i was worried about LSU on both lines but i think the D line will improve.

i remember thinking when i was a student (the 90's) that LSU will never be a dominant team until they dominate the line of scrimmage. all their good teams in the last decade or so had strong lines. and big lines too off and def.

what happened to size on our lines?

this is what is killing us, we don't need mount cody type guys but having small guys on both sides i feel is affecting us negatively.

just my two pennies.

1 person likes this.
  6. LSUMASTERMIND

Im one who actually believes the o-line will be better. You have more experience next year, except for who will play left tackle. I think it will be Hardrick (sp). There is alot of talent there, they just have to be coached up.

7. LSUtiger327

oh ok, did i mention of all the coaches (even crowton) the only change i want made is coach stud to mysteriously find a job at bowling green or something?

the line has not exactly progressed since he's been here and i'm very aware of the attrition. i'm not a guy who calls for firings often but i want him gone.

8. LSUMASTERMIND

There you go, the truth to the question. Our depth has suffered in the line, but we still have 4*and 5* talent. Gotta coach them up. Changes need to happen.

I'll give you a prime example.... whats the most improved unit on this team?
    Most will say linebacker... but to me it has to be the secondary.
    He did it at South Carolina and now he is doing it here.

9. LSUtiger327

i'll agree with you on the secondary although the LB play has always worried me and sheppard and cutrera have been playing over their heads this season. even jai eugene has been soild tackling out there this year for the most part.

chad jones has been out of position alot but i think that has more to do with him than the coaching, i have no complaints with the way the secondary is coached. and i think chavis has done a decent job with the LB's we're just not known for great talent in that position.

the o line coaching has not been solid and i would lump crowton is as well as QB coach but i do think JJ has made some forward progress. lee has not.

many times i think the playcalling and the multi sets confuse our offense and the qb. i think we have too many plays and we don't run many of them well. that's coaching and execution but eventually the two go hand in hand.

10. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I'm already looking forward to seeing this group in action next season. If Loston gets a personal foul for hitting his own cousin in an All-Star game, I can't wait to see what he'll do the the opposition.

I hope these guys are ticked off when we play Alabama next season! Cheatin' bas-tids! :wink: