My Advice To Our Offensive Coaches

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Oct 21, 2007.

1. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Being a young receiver is no excuse for lining up in the wrong place.

Either you know the plays or you dont. It is that simple.

If you dont know the play you are in to run then why are you on the field.

And Lafell made some drops no doubt about it so lets just rlegate him to the bench for the rest of his carreer. How dare him try to get better. Yes he has hurt us but i am going to bet that he makes a few plays before the season is over too.

Dont give up on him.

And if you think Hester is a better outside runner than williams or scott you are an idiot.

Hester can run every play they have for him from the fullback position.

Send that to the coaches.

I grew up with a football coach and spent time working with position coaches in college and i would be willing to say that if Coach Miles were to read my post he would step back and agree with most of it.

I may not be a coach but to say i dont know crap about football is wrong. I grew up with it my whole life from more than just a i played it resume. And when i was in college we had one hell of a offense so our coaches knew a few things about offense.

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Actually, being young is the only excuse for lining up in the wrong place. And if we had more experienced receivers, they'd be playing. But we don't. All we have is young guys.

He will be a great WR, but throwing easy passes to him to build his confidence has obviously not worked. It's time to try punishment - maybe that will have an effect.

Hmm, he could probably make them from the FB position, but not as effectively.

3. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

Agree with most of the points made. Hopefully the off week will give them time to tighten up some of the loose bolts. While they are at it:

-Teach that punter how to put a little air under it. We get NO ADVANTAGE from out special teams unit on that end. Nobody expects perfection but everyonce in a while the other team should be pined on their own goal line.

-Whats up with kick-off coverage units? I remember having some great units (yes, I said it) under Satan.....

-Finally, better clock management generally. Time outs are precious and should not be used because WR/RB's come in late and don't know their assignment.

Having said all that coaching staff has made many more good calls than bad this year. Wouldn't trade staffs with any team in country.
    :geauxtige

4. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I don't think LaFell has a confidence problem, I think he has a coordination problem. His hands are just not that good. I joked a few weeks ago, we needed to get his eyes checked, maybe he should.

He's got great legs, runs good routes, and he knows where to go, but his hands are not that good. How do you fix it? He needs to work overtime, maybe with Jarret Lee, and be thrown 30 balls a day, on the run, 30 to 40 yd. routes. Lead him good and make him go get the balls. His hands will get better, I guarantee you. Who's his receiver coach?

He can fix that problem, its called practice (or work!).

5. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

I'm actually thinking we should use those line-drive punts. They seem to be effective this season.. you get a heck of a roll and it would give us a chance to cover a punt.