My analysis of John Brady and LSU basketball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jetstorm, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Dale Brown isn't responsible for Shawnee Johnson or any other player that quit this team or transferred.
    I know some players do transfer but as many players that have left this program is what hurt this year down the stretch IMO.

I guess its Dale Browns fault that I agree with Gumborue that Whipple stinks
    and going into next year this team doesn't have a leader.

Its awefully easy to blame Dale Brown and sanctions for every problem this
    program has had.

I agree with Jetstorm that we relied and rode our horse in Lloreda too much.
    Thats the problem with recruiting problem players, you get the good with the
    bad, Its a lot harder to depend on a guy with "no" character.
    More times than not he will let you down or run out on you similar to Shawnee
    Johnson or the kid that got kicked off his team in Utah that was going to come here next year, I can't ever remember his name?

How is our recruiting class for next year btw?

The problem with the basketball program is we want to blame sanctions and Dale Brown for everything thats bad but when things go well its John Bradys
    fault.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

His name is Shawnson Johnson.
    If we don't get sanctions we never recruit guys like Johnson and Lloreda and all the other scum that came and went.
    If we don't get sanctions we are not forced to hire a head coach whose only experience was Crowley High School and Samford U.
    If we don't get sanctions we might not be seeing Chris Duhon at Duke.
    Don't tell me that Dale Brown isn't a major reason for our current state of affairs.

3. Sourdoughman

I still stand by my statement, Dale Brown did have some things to do with it.
    I still think Brady has more to do with it with his attrition the last few years.

I think he's making a mistake by recruiting players that have character issues.
    I would rather recruit some Louisiana kids that are a little less talented that have some
    character.
    LOL, SabanFan you have any kids that are about to go to college?

I just don't think we should blame Dale Brown and sanctions for every problem Brady's had, thats all.
    Somehow he got Stromile to come to LSU in the difficult years I just don't see why we
    have to recruit some questionable kids that run out on us.

btw, I was referring to the Utah kid that got kicked off his team this year that was coming to LSU next year, his name :D

4. roygu

roygu Founding Member

If you stay at a University the size of LSU for twenty-five years you should be number two in something. I wonder who had the second longest coaching career in basketball in the SEC.
    Hasn't Brady won more games than Brown over the same period of time?

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

adolph rupp?

6. Sourdoughman

Tirk?

Whats up?

You change your Avator so much that I just can't believe it!

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

lol i keep getting more and more requests.

8. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Jetstorm, the problem I have with Brady is the following:

Lloreda himself should have never been brought on campus. His actions in the two years, IE-suspension, flagrant fouls, felonious assaults on teammates, and then a total flameout at the end of the year, which in reality, was probably brought on by a mixture of things, one of which was Brady's ascerbic attitude.

In other words, Brady brought in a player that was good, but he knew would sacrifice the integrity and the prestige of the program in order to achieve the success he felt he wanted and needed.

That's the mark of a man I don't want coaching or representing my University.

Our team was SINGULARLY built around Lloreda this year, and that's obvious to anyone who watched a game with him in the lineup and then after he left. Which means that Brady based an entire season's success on a player that he KNEW going in shouldn't be on the team, shouldn't have stepped one foot on campus.

I dislike this attitude.

I dislike the way he goes after anyone who dares question him-like he did on the Sunday KPBN show via a phone interview with that "Rooster" guy on Channel 22 after the FU game where we won out...Then he falls flat on his face and loses three in a row...

Then he wins against a mediocre Ole Miss team...and goes off on the media in some bizarre tirade that left people shaking their heads while the goosesteppers in the back cheered him on (since when are fans allowed into a press conference?)....and then goes out and loses again right after!

He doesn't know when to shut up...He doesn't know when to stop riding players...He doesn't adapt to his personnel...he doesn't put the integrity of himself or the team, nor the program, above winning...

I'm sorry, but he whored out the program to get to 18 wins...and anyone that blames the Lloreda situation on Brady forgets that he shouldn't be on the team in the first place...and knowing how we performed in his absence, and then you take him off the court all season, how does LSU end up then?

How do you feel about brady after this season if Lloreda's not there?

You couldn't talk about the success the team had...and you would be complaining about the terrible shape of the program and the record...but he would have done the right thing by throwing the thug off the team...

14 players in 7 years...all but one of his 2002 recruiting class...

The numbers add up, and they're not in the "pro" column for John Brady...

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

putting an "s" at the end of a word makes it plural. how many "assaults" on how many "teammates" were there?

10. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Founding Member

Unbelievable - Seven years later and SabanFan is still blaming Dale Brown for the current state of LSU basketball program. Denial is not only a river in Egypt. Are you saying John Brady has no responsibility for the current state of LSU's basketball program? Do you believe in the tooth fairy Tinkerbell? Big John B has to sack up and take some responsibility. When that happens maybe I can respect him more.