My analysis of John Brady and LSU basketball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jetstorm, Mar 24, 2004.

1. tigerlaw

tigerlaw Founding Member

Are you saying that Brown has no responsibility for the current state of LSU's basketball program?

2. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Founding Member

We had 4-5 years of probation to hold Dale Brown responsible. If you want to nail Dale Brown to the cross for the last 2-3 years, I'm not buying it. If 2006 John Brady is still the coach and we are in the same boat we are today, will we still blame Dale Brown?

3. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

I think it's time to quit blaming Dale Brown for the basketball failures. This is Brady's team, period. Brady gets credit for the victories, he also get credit for the losses. It is ludicrous to blame anyone else.
    I truly believe Brady is doing his best. But... it sure reminds me of the Curly years of football.

4. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Will someone PLEASE tell martin to get over his obsession with me...I mean, how many times do we have to see this penis envy thing from you over the fact that I bested you in a philosophical debate on the Free Speech Alley?

Seriously, it is REALLY old now...We get that since I've put a bur under your saddle for one reason or another, you are all up in arms and take every opportunity to point out everything from grammatical errors to the fact that I know the meaning of and can use the word recuse in a sentence and am free to change my mind to "un-recuse" myself from discussions.

But do you HAVE to continually show how much I got under your skin?

I'm serious...

BTW-Allegedly, leading up to Jamie's departure, there was another altercation, from what I've heard...

5. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

SabanFan I believe it was has talked again and again about why we are expecting such great things from this program when in reality, aside from a few Final Fours in the middle of Brown's tenure, we were never truly a top flight basketball POWER, though I will say that Dale Brown continually and consistently punked out Kentucky when they were the class of the nation and the conference...

SabanFan, it's that low rent Joe Dean itis that BB exposes for all to see when he talks about hiring a Chancellor that's an LSU alum who'll take "half the money" Emmert did that you're displaying now when you get up in arms over everyone's expectations.

Why should there NOT be an expectation that LSU should put a winner on the court in Men's Hoops? Why should their NOT be a move towards hiring a guy that will hang banners from the rafters that don't say, "NCAA Tournament Appearance" but, "National Champs," or "Final Four" or "Elite Eight", etc....

Who cares about the past, or the past results or history or level of achievement. Let's start-RIGHT NOW-to instill a championship mentality in all of our sports programs. Why NOT want a coach who will win national titles? I mean, is it logical to say that we haven't had it before, so why have it now? That is what your thought process indicates...

Please, explain how you first came to realize that you are Joe Dean's clone?

6. tigerlaw

tigerlaw Founding Member

Our program was already headed for the toilet under Brown before the NCAA sanctions. Why do you think Brown went after Lester Earl?

So Brady inherits a mediocre basketball team under possibly the harshest sanctions and ITS NOT BROWN'S FAULT?

I don't care if we're two years out of the sanctions.What happened under Brown put our program back into the dark ages on so many levels.

Side note: I find it interesting how many of you started complaining about Brady's character AFTER we started losing this season. The only person who has voiced this opinion since the start has been TigerEducated and I respect him for it.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

relax bub, i was just asking who else lloreda had beat up besides the jaw smashing incident, since you said it was more than one. i was hoping you would amuse me by making up some vague rumor, and i wasnt diappointed. thanks.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

And until Nick Saban football national championships were reserved for the Miamis, Florida States and Notre Dames of the world.

I'm on your side as far as believing that Brady deserves at least next year to put up or shut up but if a Coach K or somebody like that were to become interested in the LSU job Brady would be history.

9. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I find it interesting that the so-called Brady supporters do so from the comforts of their couch. The majority of season ticketholders don't support Brady, but they continue to support LSU.

Which is more than I can say about you Brady lovers....

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i find it interesting most people who make statements about Brady supporters also have couches but not season tickets. Funny how you can deduce that from a few posts....

"the majority of season ticket holders don't support brady'....

and there you have it, another gallop poll and another genius who has studied the numbers to report the facts. CNN has an opening....please submit your resume'...... unbelievable. TigerWins please deposit your degree, if you have one at the nearest Salvation Army drop....thanks.