My analysis of John Brady and LSU basketball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jetstorm, Mar 24, 2004.

1. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Since I have season tickets and attend games, it's quite easy to deduce that ... if you go to games and talk to fellow season ticketholders, you would see that as well.

There are less than 5,000 basketball season ticketholders, and that number continues to drops. Ever noticed the difference in the paid and actual attendance? Those are season ticketholders not showing up for games ... why is that?

It would seem to me that those who think Brady is the man should be the ones showing up at the games ... given our attendance woes, it's quite clear that more Tiger fans in BR oppose Brady than support him!

Numbers don't lie...

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

well there you have it. facts are facts. who needs gallop polls when you have Tigerwins.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

See? You and Brady do have something in common.

4. TigerWins

Typical response from someone who has ZERO facts...

5. tirk

lmao...genius, the entire post of yours is unsubstantiated, hence my post. your facts aren't facts....its your opinion. when you get your survey completed submit it to bertman so you can save the athletic dept some money. nevermind.... you spoke with some season ticket holders. 'nuff said.

6. TigerWins

It doesn't take a genius to understand why the lack of fan support for LSU basketball and John Brady.

When you are sitting in an empty movie theater, how long does it take you to figure out that it's empty because the movie sucks? Do you need a gallop poll to tell you this?

7. tirk

so when there are 6,000 season ticket holders and the attendance is 7,000 I guess the majority are walk ups. Is that your point? Or the ones who go support the team and not Brady.... Is that your new poll?

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

9. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

I just wonder if all the people who critize Brady for recruiting players like Lloreda and the other "bad characters" think the same way about the coaches of all the other schools that recruited these players. If I recall, some of these players, including Jaime, were some of the most highly recruited players in the country. Personally, I don't see how you can hold a coach responsible for a plyers actions. And please don't say Jaime wasn't disciplined, unless you don't call a 4 or 5 game suspension and required counseling discipline.
    I think Tony Gipson left because of grades. Yeah that's Brady's fault as well cause the guy didn't go to class. Shawson Johnson, who they seem to think could have been the savior of the program, was a head case that lacked any kind of self motivation.
    Imo, both sides make some valid points. I have stated that I disagree with how Brady handles the players and I think Skip should do something about that. I also believe that he, like Dale Brown, gets these good inside players and tries to build a game around them to the detriment of an outside game, being hell-bent and determined to get the ball inside no matter what. That is why we lost to Wisconsin in Aqe. That philosophy has to change along with pass and pass and pass until the clock winds down. If a guy is open, shoot the freakin' three! And by open I don't mean nobody within twenty feet of you. Even if you've got somebody within three feet, shoot it and block out.
    That said, it may be to much to ask of the guy to change his complete philosophy. I like the way they play defense but offensively his teams have always lacked. So will another year make any difference? Maybe , maybe not. But he ain't goin nowhere so we'll see.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!

10. friday

friday Founding Member

Two words-

Point Guard. this team will go no where until they recruit a hard nosed, east cost type point guard. one that thinks about dishing before shooting. look at the teams that are in the sweet 16. Pitt, OSU, etc. St Joes and WF have PGs that also can light it up but they keep their teamates involved. RECRUIT A TRUE PG JIM BRADY!