My analysis of John Brady and LSU basketball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jetstorm, Mar 24, 2004.

1. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

How many of that 7,000 number are students?

If you bothered to go, you would see all those empty seats in the lower section of the PMAC ... those are season ticketholder seats.

We had a 30% no show rate this past season ... that's over 2750 fans who bought a ticket and didn't bother to show. You think it's the students wasting their money buying tickets and not showing up? Or maybe it's those who buy a single game ticket and decide not to show up?

Imagine 30% of LSU football ticketholders not showing up...

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

point is more show than those who boycott so to speak. But I guess those are the ones who support the team and not the coach. you or I do not know the figures to substantiate such a claim. Of course you hear all the negative moreso than anyone who isn't. Its not like any Brady supporters are going to be very vocal in support of him after LSU had their asses handed to them when jaime went down. You hear all the bitching....its human.

so the 70% who showed support him? probably not but to say most are against him is impossible to ascertain. We can all assume what we wish. Id guess most if not all are unhappy with the current state of the basketball program and if asked would bitch about brady but i am not sure if that means all want him fired. Most just want to see some improvement and he has next year to do so. I'll be waiting with the noose.

3. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Fair enough...

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I'm one of the one's that is now criticizing Brady for recruiting "bad characters" and I will say I could care less about who any other program recruits.
    You can't hold Brady responsible for every kids actions, the problem lies in the
    recruiting process.
    1( Theres a lot of Louisiana recruits this year leaving the state and Brady didn't recruit most of them.

2( Brady is degrading and ruining the program trying to bring in the players you mention above and we lost a recruit this year because he got kicked off
    a Juco team.

3( If Gipson left because of grades fine, players do transfer and things do happen sometimes but the Attrition of Brady's program isn't normal and its because of "questionable or bad characters" and recruiting alone.

4( Lloreda left the team, Johnson quit, kid from Utah not coming to LSU.

That is 3 players down low that we don't have for this or next year and this is what is killing the depth of LSU basketball not sanctions.
    If he would've recruited a little less talented or polished players but with better character maybe things would'nt have been so bad when injuries happen.
    With things the way they are now with Brady's program, we lose a starter
    and the season is over, Imagine if Mitchell got hurt next year, no one else can
    shoot from the outside and we would lose probably every game.

Thats just 3 quick examples of players that are gone, we would not have a depth problem right now if it wasn't for players quiting.

5( Everyone talks about Brady's conduct and it was obvious when he and Tack were going at it during the last game.

6) Tigerlaw, your post now, its funny how you and other people criticize someone for changing their mind, I was in Bradys corner when the season started but changed my mind only once.
    I argued with TE about Brady, sanctions and recruiting "questionable players"
    saying that we had to because of our situation but I have come to realize for
    the reasons I stated above he was right, recruiting these kids have demorilized the players now at LSU, us and the program.
    That is the real story of our season this year and NO depth, not sanctions.

5. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Excuses are like arseholes, everybody's got one

Except Brady ... he's got more than one ...

Delay the inevitable ... you are nothing but hope and pray artists and dreamers, I call a spade a spade

And I don't care who doesn't like it

It's past time to flush this loser ...

Bawhoooooooooooooooooooooooooosh ...

Start shopping now Skipper