My ex

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by shane0911, Feb 11, 2014.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

LMAO. U right!

shane, tell us about this law suit- if you can.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Some guy rear ended her (no @lsutiga not that way, I tried that shit for 9 years) he was driving a company truck (oil field) drunk and on a suspended license. This was a few years ago. I kept telling her to be patient that it was coming. Well, it came. Number I heard was over 900k. Not sure what she came home with after the lawyer got his share but she ain't doin bad. Already got herself a new truck.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
    LSUTiga likes this.
  3. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Ah let her go, she's your ex.......but y'all's opinions on us are very entertaining.

4. shane0911

Oh make no mistake, she gone, and I don't want her back. I wouldn't complain if she wanted to buy me a new truck with her new found riches. I did contribute nicely to her bottom line for a lot more than that truck would cost.

5. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

I get your frustration, I agree most guys get screwed to some degree through a divorce. Goes back to my philosophy of marriage being an outdated concept. When it was invented people died in their 20's and 30's no one had to worry about spending 40-50 years with someone. Should be a 7 year agreement with a series of 1 year options to renew after that. 30 day cancellation clause throughout. :)

6. shane0911

You just may be the greatest chic ever

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
    stevescookin and GregLSU like this.
  7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Funny, Stacey said the exact same thing a few years ago.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

No money is one thing, but no game....sheesh.

So you're saying they didn't have to see the saggy tits, cellulite, and panties as big as parachutes- I can get on board with that.

tirk and GregLSU like this.
  9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

But then you want to explore free agency - you know, test your market value - and they slap the Franchise tag on you.

KyleK and shane0911 like this.
  10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

This is exactly right, Red. I was sitting in Hammond having some margaritas with a mixed group (men/women) that I used to work with back in the 90's. We all said that marriage should be 7 years with an option to renew. We figured people would be a lot happier that way.

I've been married twice. The first one lasted 3 years and was abusive in nature. I had to get out; we didn't even speak for around 16 years. A couple of years ago, we discussed our divorce (online) and came to some sort of closure. I apparently put him off marriage because he never remarried (which is probably a good thing.)

I've now been remarried for 14 years. Honestly? Sometimes, I'm sick to death of him. So, guys, it goes both ways. I'm sure that women get on your nerves horribly--but guys do the same.

Tiger Chick is 100% correct. We are simply not made to be able to stand the same person for 40 or 50 years. :mad:

tigerchick46 likes this.