My ex

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by shane0911, Feb 11, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

That's rough man, what really sucks is you don't know what she uses your hard earned money on when it should be your kids.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Oh but I do. Very little of it went to my kids well being

3. shane0911

Oh @lsutiga you don't really believe that. I'm playing chess while you play checkers

4. LaSalleAve

There should be a way you could put that money in an account for the kids that only they could access. How old are they?

5. shane0911

If you are talking about the child support, yeah you would think but it will never happen. The courts see it as they need food, clothes, whatever so basically it is just extra income for the mom to use as they wish. There is no way to control or regulate it but there should be. If you are talking about the money she got from the accident settlement, yeah I've got no stake there. Wish I did but that is just me being a little jealous that she hits paydirt after we divorce.

GregLSU likes this.
  6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

If this is true, then you can probably rest a little easier knowing that she'll probably blow it all in a very short period of time and have nothing to show for it. When many people come up on a large sum of money, they have no idea what to do with it, and often end-up in much worse situations than what they started from (see: professional athletes). She'll suddenly have all sorts of new friends and family that come out of nowhere, and she'll most likely try to impress them. Plus, she'll most likely try to find true happiness through her riches, which will ultimately maker her more miserable. There...the sage has spoken. :D

7. shane0911

I said those same words yesterday, that she would either be dead or broke in 5 years, maybe both.

Contained Chaos likes this.
  8. LaSalleAve

So wait, she doesn't even need the child support because of a fat payday and she got it? Can you sue her for child support and alimony?

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

This is an interesting concept, but one that's much easier to adhere to if you don't have kids. My wife and I were discussing that the other day. Our 4yr old is incredibly bright and has a big, big personality, but he also has a lot of behavioral problems, for which we've been taking him to therapy for over a year now. His problems have persisted, and it sometimes drives a wedge between us because we focus so much time and effort on him and little of the same on ourselves or each other. We both admitted that we'd never leave the other one if for no other reason than we wouldn't make the other one raise him on their own because he is entirely too much work for one person to handle day-in and day-out. What I realized is that, when you have a tie that binds like that, it forces you to try and work together and through your problems, rather than simply running away when things get tough. I was raised in a broken home and never, ever want that for my child, so I'd be willing to work through almost anything to make it work.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
    tigerchick46, red55 and GregLSU like this.
  10. shane0911

No brah, this is why people shouldn't do drugs. I stopped paying child support long ago when knuckle head turned 18. She just now got the settlement. Believe me, if there was any way that I could sue her I'd blaze a trail to the courthouse. Funny thing is, we are catching hell right now to get our daughter baptized (my current wife and I) because I never got my first marriage annulled. According to the Catholic church my ex and I are still married. I wonder if that gives me an angle?