My father's funeral is today......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Sep 8, 2014.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Sorry for your loss. I can tell you from experience you never know how much you will miss them until they are gone. However if he was the wonderful father you say and the two of you were so close there should be many happy memories. Don't dwell on the sadness of your loss, celebrate the many wonderful experiences you had and be thankful for the time you had together.

cajdav1 likes this.
  2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I'm so sorry to hear that your dad passed away. He sounds like he was a wonderful father to you.

As we get older, we all have to mentally prepare ourselves for the day our parents will leave us. My ex-husband sent me a message on Saturday that his mother had died that morning. Our marriage ended on the most disastrous of terms, so I know it must have been a horrible loss for him, so much so that he needed to talk to me about it. It's hard for the strongest person we knew growing up to grow weak and then pass away.

I think it's wonderful that you will write his eulogy. The personal ones, while hard to deliver, always pay the most fitting tribute to a person.

tigerchick46, cajdav1, islstl and 2 others like this.
  3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

God bless you and your family as you go through this valley. I think you'll find as I did, that you'll "talk" with your Dad in the days and years to come more than you ever did.

Don't worry about making sure you get the eulogy "right".....I'm sure your Dad will be proud of what you do.

cajdav1 and LSUDad like this.
  4. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Sounds like you were blessed to have him and vice versa. Condolensces on your loss...based on your words here I think you will do (or at this point, have done) a great job eulogizing him.

cajdav1, ParadiseiNC and LSUDad like this.
  5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

In many ways, you are never truly an adult until you lose your parents. It's sobering, but you will be fine. And the memories get even better.

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Best wishes to you and your family.

cajdav1 likes this.
  7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Prayers for all, sounds like a great Man. RIP

cajdav1 likes this.
  8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Sorry to hear about your loss. I don't know what I'll do when my dad's time comes, he's been my best friend since before I can remeber. We'll keep you all in our prayers.

cajdav1 likes this.
  9. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Wow, your post gave me goosebumps. You are very blessed to have the experiences you and your father have shared through the years. His passing can't take those memories away from you - it only enhances it and makes you more appreciative. Best wishes, amigo.

cajdav1 likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my Dad in 2000 and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss him.

cajdav1 likes this.