My father's funeral is today......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Sep 8, 2014.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

It's tough losing a father. I lost mine 7 years ago. What you said about advice is true. I was lost for a spell. If there's a bright side it's that it will make you grow in ways you never imagined from not having him to lean on. I miss him dearly and though you never fill the void, you will learn to cope.

uscvball and cajdav1 like this.
  2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Thank you all for the support, out is much appreciated. I finally lost it as I started his eulogy but like a great LSU qb I regained my composure & gave the speech of my life.

You know, if I would have given thspeech when I was 15 it would not have gone so well but my dad changed his thoughts and I matured. He became the most influential person in my life.

I'll leave this discussion with this statement: Be patient, always forgive, and don't judge until you really have an understanding of someone and have the ability & are mature enough to think things through clearly.

Thank everyone for their comments & Geaux Tigers.

COTiger, asignupe99, red55 and 4 others like this.
  3. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

I too am sorry for your loss, your heartfelt initial post really touched me. I grew up without a father but am extremely close with my Mother, she's told me she wants me to do her Eulogy when the day arrives......I think about it often what would I say? Really and truly would I write it down and read it, would I get up there and speak from my emotions.....not sure, probably a combination. But I think whatever you decide to do your Father would be proud, you are his son, whom he's raised and you are a reflection of him. Someone who thinks so highly of his father, has a father who feels the same way about him.......I think if you follow your heart you cannot go wrong, good luck and God bless you in your time of loss.

cajdav1, LSUDad, Tiger in NC and 2 others like this.
  4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

So, so sorry to know you lost your dad. An honor for you to send him off with words and memories that represented him and the two of you together. I'm sure he was very proud of you and it sounds like you did great.

I don't miss my dad any less today than the day he died but there has been a transition to far more days of smiles and happy memories than sad ones from the absence of his voice and presence. I pray that you can get to that point without too much sorrow.

cajdav1 and LSUDad like this.
  5. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

God bless you and your family. Your father sounds like he was a wonderful man who lived a full life; about as much as any of us can ask for. Prayers that you will find peace in his passing and be able to move forward with your own life.

cajdav1, LSUDad and COTiger like this.
  6. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I am extremely fortunate in that, at 53, I still have both of my parents. I know there is no way that I can fathom what you must be going through. That said, please accept my heartfelt condolences. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

cajdav1, Bengal B and LSUDad like this.
  7. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

God bless you and your family, prayers sent.

LSUDad likes this.
  8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Hang in there cajdav. We are praying for you.

cajdav1 likes this.
  9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Sorry to hear man. Your dad sounded like a good dude.

cajdav1 likes this.
  10. N.C.Tiger

N.C.Tiger We push snow in Style

Sorry for your loss, I'm an old pawpaw and if I leave this world my child is what I worry about most. So make your dad proud and he will be one happy angel.........again sorry for your loss