My Favorite LSU Tiger's

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Nov 4, 2003.

1. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I have to admit when Josh Booty was the quarterback i hollered and screamed at him for mistakes as much as the next guy.

But he was and is always a Tiger. Sometimes we get down on the person too much. I never doubted that Josh was doing the best that he could. Sometimes when you get all the hype people expect too much from you.

I am from Shreveport and i feel bad the way things turned out for the Booty family. I wanted to see them do good at LSU and they are part of the Tiger Family.

I wish them all the best. I think if everything hadnt turned out the way it did for Abram and Josh we would have had a shot with their brother.

All LSU TIGERS are special. The reason i like Tommy Casanova the best of all was due to when i was a kid. We have been very lucky over the years to have many special players to root for.

Geaux Tigers

2. Ironman

Ironman Freshman

Brooks & Thomas

A crunching linebacker. You could strike a match on Michael Brooks. He was a great athlete.

Henry Thomas was an unbelievable player. Chad Lavalais is great, but Roland Barbay once told me "Henry Thomas is the baddest player on the field at all times and both teams know it."

3. JETigER

JETigER Founding Member

CRAIG NALL

Just like everyone is saying BCS is unfair.

Craig Nall knows what unfair is.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Sometimes I miss that Cholly Mac, country-boy style. One of my favorites was when LSU was playing at Georgia of "between the hedges" fame. Cholly Mac always referred to it as "behind the bushes".

Ex-Florida State running back Bert Reynolds was on Johnny Carson once and told the story of the different styles that coaches had.

"You see Bear Bryant and you can just picture him after the game, leaving the locker room, getting into his Cadillac and driving home. You look at Ara Parseghian and you know he's going to leave the stadium, get into his Lincoln and drive home. Then you look at Charles McClendon and just know he's going to leave the stadium, climb up on his tractor and drive home."

5. PurpleBlood

PurpleBlood Founding Member

Big Hitter!

I've not seen anyone mention Steve Rehage. I was only 10 years old when I first watched him play, but I still remember that you could almost feel the licks he laid on people. BAM!!!

6. TIGERNMS

TIGERNMS Founding Member

Favorite Tiger players

I can't believe houtiger, or anyone else missed one of my all time favorites. Andy Hamilton! not the fastest, but always caught balls that were overthrown by his cousin ( Bert Jones) of course, I remember Fergurson used to say it was a good thing he didn't cut his fingernails.

My top ten in no particular order

1. John Ed Bradley (my cousin)
    2. Charlie Alexander
    3. Hokie Gajan
    4. Bert Jones
    5. Tommy Casanova
    6. Billy Broussard ( only because my sister gave me his jacket )
    7. Steve Ensminger
    8. Alan Rischer
    9. Dalton Hilliard
    10. Eric Martin

Gaynell Tinselly (sp) probably would be in here, I met him and his wife while living in Hammond. Great people! He brought me an autographed picture, and told me stories etc. He also signed index cards for my boys.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Nobody has mentioned Warren Capone, a great special teams player for Cholly Mac who went on to play a few years for the Dallas Cowboys.

8. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I need another turn guys. This has bothered me for a few days and I finally remembered the guys name.

Mike Williams, I think. Defensive Back from Covington, played in late 70's or early 80's. I think he was all american, went to San Diego Chargers and started for at least 5 years. While he was in the secondary, if we played a team with a great receiver, I had confidence Mike could handle him.

9. DValley

DValley Founding Member

I'd have to say dalton hilliard, alan risher, sean burks, chris carrier

10. Cajun_Bengal

Cajun_Bengal Founding Member

Booger by god McFarland!