My fellow Star Wars nerds..........

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, May 10, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I know there a few of you out there, and i had some puzzling questions that i have pondered for years.

1. Who is Anakin Skywalker's father. I know that Shmi Skywalker says that the boy has no father, is this because Anakin is loosely based on Jesus Christ? The chosen one? Or, is Darth Plagieus Anakin's father. Plagieus is Palpatine's sith master.

2. How does Luke Skywalker learn the ways of the force so quickly? It took Anakin several years to become as powerful as he was, how can Luke learn so much so quickly?

3. Has anyone read any of the books that preceed episode's 1, 2,3, and then between episode 3 and 4, and then follow episode 6 Return of the Jedi?

It is really hard to find good information out there because there is so much of it, and i was curious as to know what some of you think on these matters.

2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

It has been speculated by many fans that Plagieus manipulated the midi clorians to conceive Anakin, but Lucas has denied this, and has stated that Anakin's conception was a true virgance. I like the theory.

It was a combination of Luke having that much potential and him only learning basic skills from Yoda and Obi-Wan.

I read the Dark Horse comics about the ancient Sith and Jedi, and some of the sequel comics. I also read all the clone wars comics. I can pretty much patch galactic history after Endor together.

Wookieepedia is a great resource.

3. LaSalleAve

i have read alot of stuff on wookiepedia, it is extremely informative. What i really want to get into are the stories that take place after the Order 66 and before Episode 4. Did you watch that show "Star Wars A Legacy Revealed" that came on the History Channel. Really cool show. I am a fiend for all things Star Wars, and i did hear of a TV show that was supposed to come out? Good Info, thanks Supa.

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

There are a few novels set after Order 66, but I am not sure of the names. I know in one of them Vader fights several Jedi on Kashykk.

There were 2 issues of the the Dark Horse comic Star Wars: Republic that chronicle a few Jedi after the order. I think it was 79 and 80.

One really good comic to check out would be Star Wars: Purge. It is about a group of Jedi who attempt to confront Vader.

5. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

List of books - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki

that is a list of all books and where they fall in the timeline.

If you are just trying to get into ready the books after Ep6, start with the Thrawn Trilogy. I have them, but for some reason the Order66 books keeps moving down my reading list at home. Yeah I am a Star Wars geek, I think have most (90%) of the books made. I generally like the multi-books series after Ep6.

There are several series planned or on tv. There is the Clone Wars cartoon on the Cartoon Network that is supposed to be pretty good. I have not seen them. There is also a live action series that is supposed to come out next fall. It is supposed to be between Ep3 and Ep4. They just announced another series but i have no clue what it is supposed to be about.

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I know Lucas has said there wouldn't be any more movies, but I'd love a story line on Palpatine/Sidious. Would also like to see one featuring the Mandalorians, including their war with the Jedi. Thinking about the potential bucks either of those movies would make and it's hard to imagine why they wouldn't be made. But, Lucas has made enough money for 100 lifetimes and does not trust anyone but himself with his beloved franchise.

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

so is there a definitive book series? i thought everyone and their mother was just writing whatever they wanted.

8. LaSalleAve

The one that seems the most interesting to me is set right after Order 66 called Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader. There are also series of books written by different authors, there is a Han Solo Trilogy, books about a Jedi named Jax who goes underground as a private detective. Lots of story lines. I have just never read them, and if they are worth reading i would love to read them.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Papa Skywalker.

He had to develop fast or Vader would kick his ass quickly. Hell, Ani was flying jet engines with no wings when he was 10!

I never read the novels or comic books, but have other logical problems between the transition between first three and the last three movies.

1. Why did Darth Vader not recognize the robots in Episodes 4? He built one of them and worked with the other. Wouldn't their presence immediately have made him suspicious of why Leia, of all people, possessed them?

2. SInce R2 didn't have his memory erased, why did he not reveal Vader's identity to Leia or later to Luke?

3. Why in the world would Obi-wan "hide" Luke on Tatooine? A place where Vader might have reason to go. Among people he might have reason to check on? And not even change his name from Skywalker?

4. When the robots of episode 4 escape to Tatooine, of all places in the galaxy, would not Vader be immediately suspicious of some people and places of his youth and go straight to the moisture farm and discover Luke?

5. Shouldn't a giant Industrial Light and Magic light bulb have appeared over Vader's head the instant he learned that his old nemesis was running around with a kid named Skywalker?

6. How did Grand Moff Tarkin get away with treating a Sith Lord like a subordinate anyway?

10. LaSalleAve

1. Good question, and the only thing i can think of, is he tried really hard to separate himself from Anakin Skywalker, and being that was about 20 years later. Plus, when did he actually see the droids? He knew there were droids, but i don't recall him actually seeing them.

2. R2 was just doing what he was instructed to do, he was a loyal droid, and revealing that information would have caused a lot of trouble, he was obviously instructed to never speak of Anakin Skywalker again.

3. Once again the last place Darth Vader would go, is somewhere that is connected to his mother. He basically killed everything Anakin, and going back to Tatooine would have jarred emotions he could not face.

4. Really good question, and the only answer i could come up with are along the same lines as the others, he had totally separated everything Anakin from his existence.

5. He did know, but he kept it to himself until he could seek council with Palpatine on what to do.

6. Moff Tarkin and Vader met shortly after Order 66. And a mutual respect was formed between them both. They both viewed each other as equals, and respected each other.