My fellow Star Wars nerds..........

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, May 10, 2010.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

So did everyone, but we're having fun with this, too.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Ok, here are 2 more questions.

Why doesn't Chewbacca say RAWWWWWWLLLLLL, RAWWWLLLL, RAAAAAWWWWLLL. Translation: Hey Obi Wan, you are Jedi, man i used to kick it with a little green jedi named Yoda back on my home planet.

Why doesn't Chewy get a medal at the end of Episode 4?

3. red55

A Co-pilot in a pilot's world. He must have been very old, why wasn't HE captain of the Millennium Falcon?

4. LaSalleAve

Wasn't his ship, Han Solo won it in a card game from Lando i think.

5. red55

What's in that bandolier he carries anyway?

6. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

He was over 200. He is dead, in continuity, now.

He died saving one oh Han's kids.

Reality: Chewbacca's backstory was developed.

Apology: Maybe because Jedi weren't a rare thing before the empire. Everyone alive at the time would have known one, and namedropping wouldn't have gotten him any cred.

The medal was awarded to the crew of the Falcon. Leia put it on Han because Chewbacca would have had to bend over alot exposing his poo crusted anus to the crowd.

7. LaSalleAve

:rofl:

nice! i like this thread.

8. LaSalleAve

Ok so back to the Chewbacca and Jedi thing. Chewbacca knows Yoda very well, and possibly knew Obi Wan as well from the hologram skype thingy that Yoda does with the Jedi council on Kashyyyyk. So, at Mos Eisley, in the Cantina do you think it is possible that Chewbacca recognized Obi Wan, and brought this to Han's attention when Luke and Obi Wan were looking for a pilot? Maybe Chewy vouched for Obi Wan?

9. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Lucas actually he had a good amount written, he just had to pick the timeline that he thought would do best. And if you read some of the wiki about episode IV, you will see the story changed alot as he was writing it. I think he though that this would be the only one made, so he wrote the final script as such. Then things blew up from there.

I don't remember many books written between then, that timeline was off limits for many years.

10. LaSalleAve

I agree because at the beginning of Episode 4 when the words are flying through space, it clearly says Episode 4 a new hope.

What is cool to me about Star Wars is Episode 4 starts out and it is a Sci Fi movie, with creatures and planets, an evil empire trying to rule the galaxy, but then in Episode 5, the Empire Strikes Back, which is my favorite by the way, the movie turns from a Sci Fi series to an actual dramatic story. The Vader being Luke's father thing was such a twist, i remember how i felt when Vader said "I am your father" I was shocked. Can you imagine what it would have been like if the Internet existed back then? Damn it still gives me chills when i think of that scene.