My fellow Star Wars nerds..........

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, May 10, 2010.

1. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Ok here is something I have always wondered about....'

If Jedi's are the Bad Mofos that they are how come the could not figure out that the prophecy that Anakin was suppose to fullfil would be the death of them.

At the time the Sith were all but beaten and in hiding and the Jedi's were in power IF balance was needed it was needed against them and towards the Sith...why in the hell did they not realize this?

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Well, Anakin was the chosen one and he did bring balance to the force, albeit not until he killed Palpatine. It's kind of like Anakin's dreams of Padme dying during childbirth. If Anakin wouldn't have turned to the darkside Padme wouldn't have died in childbirth, so his actions are what caused his dreams to come true. The force is very hard to read, and the Jedi's unfortunately didn't know that in order for the prophecy to be fulfilled Anakin would have to go through his stuggle with Dark Side of the force.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It didn't say that when it was released. The movie was originally known as Star Wars. There were no episodes added until later.

4. red55

Yoda was suspicious all along.

5. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Episode IV was added in the re-release in 79. The original Crawl only had Star Wars - A New Hope

6. red55

A New Hope was added then, too. I was at the Baton Rouge premier. It only said "Star Wars" in 1977.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRHFcQgNFQ8[/MEDIA]

7. LaSalleAve

Damn Red i was 1 in 1977. so i guess what i should have said was the first time i saw it it had Episode 4 a new hope. I guess what i was trying to get at was that Lucas planned on there being a prequel before Return of the Jedi was released.

8. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Old Bastard

Reading the IMDB Trivia:

George Lucas said in an interview with Leonard Maltin that the Ewoks in Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983) were originally supposed to be Wookiees. However since he doubted he'd get to make the third film in the series he decided to make a wookiee Han's co-pilot (Chewbacca.)

Man Return would have been so much better with wookies.

9. LaSalleAve

I agree, it's hard to believe that the greatest army in the galaxy got overthrown by a bunch of tiny 2 legged dogs.

10. red55

I prefer Old Bastard That Is Correct Once Again, Grasshoppa. Or would you prefer to be called Foolish Child