My fellow Star Wars nerds..........

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, May 10, 2010.

1. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

the problem he had with making them wookies was that, with Chewie, he had added a level of technical sophistication to the wookie race. He wanted the race that beat the imperials to be technical equivalent of an Alabama fan.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

arrogant sumbitch. :lol:

3. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

If you read some of the novel adaptations of the new prequels. They also go into some discussion about The Jedi Counsel noticing some problems with the Force. Less and less jedi were being born in each generation and their overall powers were getting weaker. So it the"Balance to the Force" could have been read as he was going to somehow fix the problems they were seeing.

Chosen One - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

5. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

For those of you too young to know, this is the origin of the name "Grasshpper", follwing this episode young Kwai is referred to my Master Po as "Grasshoppa". If you think about it, the TV series Kung Fu and Star Wars have much in common, people with mysterious powers who fight the battle of good vs evil on a regular basis.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCyJRXvPNRo[/media]

6. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

I always thought of the balance as being the balance of power between the Sith and the Jedi and at the time when Anakin was found the Jedi talked about how the Sith were no longer a threat in the galaxy...I always took that to mean that the Jedi were the most powerful and the scales of balance were tipped in their favor.

And for there to be balance the Sith would need to regain some of what they had lost

7. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

8. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

It depends on how you look at it. IF you consider the Jedi and Sith split-offs of a greater Force, then balance would be re-achieving the Greater Force.

9. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

That is how I have always looked at it as they are 2 halves of the same whole...good and evil...without one the other cant exist.

And if one became to powerful then something/someone would need to come along and restore the balance.

When Anakin comes along its talked about how the Sith are no longer a threat eventhough Yoda has some concern....(I take that as the Jedi having the balance swung in their favor)

Anakin begins to change and in Ep3 brings the Jedi to their knees thus restoring the balance.

He goes to far and allows the balance to shift to far to the Darkside and thus the "Force" allows for Luke and Leia to be born.

Luke never truely becomes a "MASTER" Jedi but is able to destroy both Siths thus rendering the balance at Zero.

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Leave it to Hatch. Awesome! :thumb:

Interesting perspective. I never thought about it like that. Kinda gives another angle to the story viewing it like this.