My fellow Tiger Fans, take heart

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU4Life, Oct 4, 2004.

1. LSU4Life

LSU4Life Founding Member

"When bad things happen to you in life, in a football game or whatever," Saban said, "I think it's a real test of your character and your resiliency as a person to see how you handle it and manage it. Obviously, we've got a lot of things to work on, lot's of things we can get better at and we're certainly going to try to use this game as an opportunity for us to learn and to get better. As long as the players stay committed to what they are trying to do and keep the right attitude, we'll have a chance to do that."

I've been an LSU fan all of my life and I graduated from LSU in 1993. This LSU football program is one of the elite programs in the nation. The recruiting classes are year in and year out in the top 3. We have faced determined opponents with veteran experience. These are valuable learning experiences for our very young players. This is such a different atmosphere from what they might have been used to on Friday nights.

This team will rebound this year, and we will really have a seasoned, elite team for the next 2-3 years. Please support this program during this time. Nobody likes seeing the Tigers putting on subpar performances, but I fear that our expectations might burn out NS like it did Spurrier.

It seemed that the fans had such high expectations, that if they didn't go undefeated and play for the NC year in and year out, the Head Coach came under a lot of criticism.

Nick Saban and this staff has brought this program to a level of national dominance like I've never seen in my lifetime, and I'm loving it. Let's keep it that way for a long, long time!

Geaux Tigers!

2. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

It's obvious that LSU players, as well as the fans, can't handle success. We win one NC in 45 years and we think our sh!t don't stink.

It's a hard lesson to learn...

3. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Not sure where you are getting this from. I think most of our fans had high expectations for our team this year and are having to deal with the disappointing reality. But it is not a reflection of an inability to handle success.

4. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Alot of these LSU players weren't a big part to the success of a year ago. Remember who we replaced this year: Lavalais, Hill, Eric Alexander, Jack Hunt, Michael Clayton, Henderson, Mauck, Peterman, Reed and Donnie Jones.
    Half of those guys were vocal leaders on this team and sometimes it takes adversity for a new leader to be seen. Just be patient and we'll see huge success with this group of Tigers.

5. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Like I said after the Auburn loss, this is what we need, IMO for future success.

We had a bandwagon this pre-season like none other and the little ones who are jumping off are showing their true colors.

We still have the best coach
    We still have the best young players
    We still are the Defending National Champs
    We still have won the SEC 2 of the last 3 years