My first LSU game......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by husker, Oct 10, 2007.

1. husker

husker Founding Member

was freakin' awesome. I come from Big XII country but just moved to the Houston area about a year ago. I've been to numerous Husker games, KC Chiefs games, and Texas A&M games and I have to say the football atmospere Saturday for the Florida game was the best I have ever seen. The tailgating was great. Everybody was nice and welcomed me and my buddy (even with our Husker and KSUcks hats on), hot women all over, free Cowboy Mouth concert, and the loudest crowd I have ever heard were just a few of the things that I cannot get out of my head. That game was probably the best sporting event I have ever attended. I have always been a closet LSU fan, and even though my Huskers will stay number 1 with me (no matter how far we have fallen) I can definately say that I love LSU football and I can't wait to go to Death Valley again. Thank you very much.

2 people like this.
  2. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

That is awesome. What a standard to set the bar at. It doesn't get much better than that one. I hope you get to attend many more games.

I was dissappointed because my brother in law and his wife came down for the game. She is a big Texas A&M fan and swears that Kyle field is the absolute best place to watch a game. She seemed bored the whole game and said that most LSU fans are trying to act like they are still college kids.

I just ignored her. There was no way anything was going to bring me down that night.

3. husker

husker Founding Member

It sounds to me like your sister in law didn't come in with an open mind and did not WANT to be impressed. We left Houston at 5 AM just so we could get there early and take it all in. It is one of the few times that the event lived up to the hype in my opinion. As far as Kyle Field, it is cool, but I put it behind LSU, Lincoln, and Arrowhead.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

You and your bro-in-law should've started grabbin ya crotches....it woulda made her feel more at Kyle. :wink:

5. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Nice...glad you had a good time. One of these years I'm going to make some away games just for giggles.

6. Kandjviz

Kandjviz Founding Member

After being spoiled by seeing games in Tiger Stadium all these years it seems anywhere else is sort of anticlimatic.:lol: Went to the Swomp one time and the Gator fans seemed kind of snobish. They don't invite you to tailgate, offer food and drink, and are very sensitive(get offended by Tiger Bait).

1 person likes this.
  7. husker

husker Founding Member

You would like Lincoln. Very friendly. Standing O's if a player on the other team gets hurt. Standing O's for the opposing team after the game is over. Hell they even chanted Heisman for Ricky Williams. But as nice as they are it is pretty awesome to see a place that is intimidating. I loved yelling Tiger Bait at Florida fans.

8. Cat Squirrel

Cat Squirrel Founding Member

That musta been interesting.....

A Husker fan in a Husker hat "TigerBaiting" a Gator fan :)

The power of LSU :grin: :yelwink2:

1 person likes this.
  9. LSUgirlinTx

LSUgirlinTx Is it game time yet?

Sounds to me like a case of serious "chainsaw" envy. Kyle Field can in no way compete with Tiger Stadium. Plus, that game was amazing and the crowd was insane.

Exactly.

That's awesome that you had a great time, husker! I was able to meet Keyuo Craver through a mutual friend a couple of times- nice guy. :thumb:

10. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

No doubt about it, Nebraska has some classy fans. Wish a little of it would rub off on others. I remember watching them give Texas a standing O after Texas beat 'em in Lincoln. Not suggesting that every fan base should or would go that far, just that it seems to me that they love the game and appreciate those who play it well, their own or their opponents. As for intimidating, that sea of red as they always call it on TV is pretty awesome too. I've never been a Nebraska fan but have always appreciated their fans.