My Gameplan for the Auburn Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by max, Oct 19, 2003.

1. max

max Founding Member

On defense: Shut down their running game by stacking the line. Look for the strip when they run. Look for the pick when they pass. Consider putting Clayton at safety. Make Campbell beat us passing, and take advantage of it.
    Bet that our defense can shut down their run.

On offense: Run Ally Broussard. Trick plays. Half-back pass, etc. Bet that our offense can run on their defense. When we catch the defense napping while waiting for another run, go up top with the routes that Mauck has shown the most accuracy with. Mix in Vincent/Carey for the change of pace to rest Broussard on occasion or if Broussard cannot hold on to the ball.

On special teams: Pull out the bag of tricks that we have been saving for when we needed it.

Pull out the bag of tricks early to try for the early lead. If we get up on them early, it will not allow them to run as much as they want.

2. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

I say leave the trick plays to Tubby...and let LSU play the style of football it knows, ball control and defense. And if Carey is 100% he should start!!!!

3. LStUdent

LStUdent Founding Member

I think that Carey and Brousard schould share the RB duties, much like Toefield and Davis used to. Addai will probably still be out, but even if he wasn't I think I like Brousard over him.