My Keys to 8-0

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU_4_LIFE, Oct 18, 2010.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

MISTAKE FREE FOOTBALL - Is what LSU HAS to play on Saturday.

WE CAN NOT give Cam Newton or the Auburn Offense ANY opportunity to capitalize off of our mistakes!

NO TURNOVERS - we average at least 2 a game, even against weak teams.
    I really hope the coaches are preaching BALL SECURITY ALL WEEK!

FORCE TURNOVERS - If we can force some turnovers, we can put ourselves in great shape to make this an LSU style football game - Nitty Gritty & an Ugly Domination by a Defense that if we win Saturday will be feared & respected BY ALL

Control the Line of Scrimmage - We are bigger, stronger, & faster, and IMO by far MORE PHYSICAL - PLAY LIKE IT! EVERY SNAP - We need the push off the ball on both sides, start the domination down in the trenches and lead it spread across the field like a bug in their grass

Control Field Position & T.O.P - We need to run & run HARD. We need to force Cam Newton into 3rd & Chavis situations ALL night and we NEED to GET STOPS on 3rd down! No BIG PLAYS, nothing to give Auburn Momentum

Offense:

O-Line - Play with chemistry & Secure the pocket. Know Auburns blitz packages, know the snap count, and Block your tails OFF! We cant let JJ or JL get rattled early, its going to be a hostile environment, we cant afford momentum penalties, false starts, illegal motions/shifts, etc. anything that can take from our momentum and give back to the Auburn Defense & Fans....the Auburn Defense is not that good and we certainly don’t need to help them think they actually are!

QB's - Do what you do best. Take what the defense gives you, don’t force anything that isn’t there. If JJ gets snaps, he needs to be on point with his option reads, make the best decision & be able to escape the pocket and pick up first downs with his legs. J-Lee needs to continue to read the defense and throw his passes accurately and on-time. Again don’t force it, if its not there throw it away, punt the ball, we will find a way to expose the Auburn Defense, we just need to be patient.

RB's - We need north & south running + hard nose physical smash mouth football up front, that will = Stevan Ridley taking a LONG ice bath after his 100+ yard game. We do not need a lot of dancing around increasing chances of coffing up the football. Hit the holes, hit them hard and fall forward.

WR's - CATCH THE BALL - Do not start thinking about down field running when you don’t even have possession yet. Also, down field blocking is going to be huge in this game from our WR’s. I look for our passing game and our WR's to play a huge role in our success, I think they can determine the outcome of this football game, if they have a big day, I think our offense has a big day. This Auburn defense is not as good as Florida’s, this stadium & crowd is not as disturbing as the swamp, we have done it once, lets do it again, shut up these fans with BIG first downs!!!

Defense:

DL - Need to get the push up front on every snap - Play like a champion, play hungry, play determined, but play smart - get in Cam Newton’s Face and lay the hat to him all day. I want to see him picking himself up off the ground ALL DAY. When this game is over, I want him to KNOW he just met the #3 Defense in the Country!!! Make him want to scramble, take away his confidence in throwing the ball, lets see if we can make this Heisman hopeful crack and take away all this Tim Tebow Comparison BS.

LB's - Contain the QB and watch the check down & short routes. Our defense has played particularly well against the option read and this style of offense all year, don’t stop now. I want to see this Auburn Offense coming off the field after 3 & outs FRUSTRATED!

DB's - NO BIG PLAYS - We cant afford to give up the deep ball, and if I can make a wish, get us a few interceptions!! Lets make Saturday the FIRST DEFENSIVE TOUCHDOWN of the season, NO BETTER TIME!!! Our Corners need to play lockdown, and our safety's need to make their presence known by coming out and laying some extremely hard hits early. Let those WR's know you are headed their way when they turn to catch the football.

Coaches - If its working - STICK WITH IT! - This is not an experimental game, whatever works, run with it.

I really want to see the defense we saw against Miss St. & The Offense we saw against Florida, come together, play on the same page, the same field, not turn the ball over & play our hearts out! Get the win – Go into the bye week, and Rest up for a Showdown with Bama!

1 person likes this.
  2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

We have to play like we did against Florida except for the near pick 6 by JJ (turned into an easy TD anyway for Florida) and a kick return for a TD.

That's a tall order.

We won't come out of Jordan-Hare with a victory if we hand them 21 points like we did Florida. Even if we play as well as we did against Florida otherwise.

3. LSU_4_LIFE

Thats It!

You are absolutely right!

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

so in other words, we have to be perfect? that ain't gonna happen. we just need to limit the mistakes and force cam to throw the football. we do that, we will win, unless auburn is spotted points by the zebras.

5. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

Give me a freakin' break. These guys almost lost to Kentucky and Mississippi State. We just have to play a good game and not turn the ball over.

6. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Like they did against R-kansas!:dis:

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

we almost lost to tennessee. kentucky beat south carolina who beat alabama. just because they played clemson, and kentucky, and mississippi state close, doesn't mean anything.

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

That is the SEC. Any team can be tough at any time. That is why we are the #1 conference in the country. We have to assume Auburn will bring its best game and the Tigers (LSU) need to bring theirs. Best vs best I think we can win.:geaux::geaux::geaux:

9. LSU_4_LIFE

Ok, maybe I got a little carried away, ok Majorly carried away, I am just being passionate, I am not saying WE NEED to play that way in order TO WIN, I am just saying I WANT to see us play that way.

Please dont think that I am taking anything away from what this team has already done this year, or giving anything to Auburn, I am not a Auburn lover, I just got carried away in the passion of wanting to see us dominate saturday!

10. LSU_4_LIFE

No we dont need to be perfect, I got carried away, I am just super pumped up and passionate about saturday's game.

We need to try and do all those things, I know it likely wont happen that way but I am just getting anxious! - AND ITS ONLY MONDAY! :(