My Keys to 8-0

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU_4_LIFE, Oct 18, 2010.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Don't apologize for wanting excellence. We can all hope that the coaches and team can execute as close to your expectations as possible. Should they a W is in the bag.:geaux: :LSU231: :tigereye:

2. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

If LSU's offense keeps the time of possession about even, and scores 24 points or more, LSU has a great chance of winning the football game.

Remember - Arkansas ran the football on Auburn (Davis had 91 yards), and Arkansas doesn't have a running game...

This game is all on the offense - execution, penalties, turnovers - all on the offense.

3. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Which has been said about 1000 times. The biggest key is to not have JJ give the game away. He has been responsible for over half of the points scored by our opponents over the past couple of games. A stat that will kill us if it continues in this game. Take away the pts scored off of JJ fup's and half of our games aren't even close.

Granted SS has got to do it's part in this game. We need to win the field position battle and they can't be turning the ball over.:geaux: :LSU231: :tigereye:

4. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Because that last statement is SO true, thats what has me a little un-easy about our offense and I am hoping for our Defense to carry us.

I do not want to get into a shoot out with Auburn, I do not want to get into a shoot out with anybody, great defense is what has gotten us to where we are, there is no such thing as great defense in a shoot out.

It's easy for us fans to look at both sides of our offense. Both opinions on this forum and all across the football world. When you look at this football team as a die hard fan, we break them down much more than anybody else.

We break down the good we have all seen, we break down the bad we have all seen. We dont look at highlights & box scores. Which is why we know what they are and are not capable of doing.

Going back to that statement, ITS ALL ABOUT EXECUTION. We as fans know that this offense can get it done, WE HAVE SEEN IT, but we also know the challenge as well. Because we have seen the struggles. The so called experts - EPSN Crew, has seen nothing more than the highlights & box scores, they do not know why games have been as close as they have. Going back to Florida, and what was posted above in this thread, if we can repeat the Florida performance, minus the Interception, Muffed Punt, & Kick return TD - We Will Be Fine

I still would love to see our defense put a knife thru the heart of this Auburn Offense that the ESPN boys are swinging from

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

See to me, LSU has been through alot this season. That Tennessee game might have been the best thing to happen to this team. This team has fought through adversity, they have been down on the scoreboard on the road late, and came back and won, they have also mounted a comeback at home against Tennessee. I think that has done alot for us. Especially with the lack of offense, and turnovers, and penalties. It says alot about the character of this team, to be able to bounce back from mistakes, and still win games.

So on offense we just need to try and limit the stupid mistakes, the false starts, and illegal formations, and things like that need to be eliminated. Turnovers are going to happen, but if we make sure that it's the defense making a play on us, and not us just giving them the ball, then we should be able to come out of this with a victory.

6. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Great point. If the offense ever plays even an above average SEC offensive game, LSU is going to crush someone. And it might not even matter who it is. Because the defense is rockin'.

7. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Auburn has been thru about the same as far as exciting endings and come from behind wins, they were down by 21, eventhough it was Clemson.

Anyhow, I am just hoping for Auburn to be coming off a Hangover after that Arkansas shoot out last week.

We should be coming off the opposite after McNeese St giving us all we could ask for.

8. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

[​IMG]

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

yeah i got that, but you are still saying that we should crush Auburn because they played Kentucky and Mississippi State close, and that logic is pretty fuzzy.

10. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

I never said we should crush them. Based on the OP, we'd have to play some kind of miracle game to win this game. I don't believe that is true. I think this is a very winnable game and all we need to do to win it is play sound football, not hope that we play the game of the century.