My Mock Draft: Version 1.0

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by islstl, Feb 21, 2010.

1. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

If they could get Weatherspoon and Washington that would be sick. TE wise Andrew Quarless could be a steal and could see them drafting Anthony Gonzales.Hopefully I'm wrong but I don't see that Trade happening also think they may draft a CB.Im still holding out hope for them to draft LaGarrette Blount. Stafon Johnson is a back I wouldn't mind them bringing in as a FA. Stephen Williams and David Gettis are two WRs I would like to see at camp.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Agreed, however we don't know what Jamal Brown will be coming off the surgery. If you can get Bushrod on the cheap, he can be a starter, he just struggles against world class defensive ends, unless he gets help from tight ends chipping, or fullbacks, or running backs in pass protection.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Yeah, and our basketball Tigers are just as good as Miss. State.:dis:

4. UPTTiger

UPTTiger Founding Member

I dont think Brown will bring in that kind of trade. See Richard Seymour. If a team is willing to trade a top pick for a player, the player gets a large amount of leverage in salary negotiations. Brown has too many question for Seattle to pay top dollar. On the flip side, Bushrod is a backup that played well but is not the answer. Elite DEs ate him up including an injured Freeney. The Saints need to resign Brown.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The best LTs in the league are getting upwards of 8-12 million dollards. Brown could easily be tendered 2.7 million, which would force a team to give the Saints a 1st round pick. 2.7 million for a 2 time Pro-Bowler would be a bargain.

6. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i don't think we'll get a 1st for brown either but you never know if we do it would be somewhere in the 21-31st pick range.

teams sometimes can get desperate and overpay etc. for a LT. if he hadn't missed last year with an injury i'd tend to agree but i'd be happy with a 2nd rounder for him especially early to mid 2nd rd.

i really like spoon at mizzou. if the saints stand where they are i would be happy with him at 32nd.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Dang I had us with missing a 4th round pick, but it's actually a 5th round pick.

Might have to change my pick for the OT and go with a better FS instead.