My Prediction for the season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by max, Jul 22, 2003.

1. max

max Founding Member

One of three scenarios:
    14-0 A quarterback really steps up and we get the bounces.
    10-3 Mauck plays good and we lose New Year's Day Bowl, Auburn, and Georgia games.
    9-4 Mauck plays relatively poorly and will not start 04. We win the Motor City Bowl, but lose to Auburn, GA, FL, and Bama.

Why can't we play Vandy every year instead of Florida?

2. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Pretty good predictions, max, but you can't seriously wish we played Vandy every year instead of Florida, can you? Yes, we stuggled mightily against Florida during the Spurrier era, but that era is over. More importantly, would you really rather see a game in Vandy Stadium than in the Swamp? Would you get up for the annual contest with Vanderbilt? Would you enjoy the banter between the fans of the two schools? And, most importantly, would you ever be excited to beat Vandy? I doubt it.

3. TexTiger

TexTiger Founding Member

when was the last time we played Vandy? seems like forever ago.

4. max

max Founding Member

I just meant Vandy because it would be a sure win and the SEC is tough enough without Florida every year. We don't need them for the BCS. Yes, now that Spurrier is gone it should be a good rivalry and we should win more than we lose, but an extra SEC win every other year could be the difference between a trip to Atlanta and a trip home. Florida is definitely the better game to watch, but I'd rather have the win. Or, a rotating schedule that alternated between years like VD, KY, & SC for Year 1, and TN, FL, & GA for Year 2.

5. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

LSU has Florida
    Bama has Tennessee
    Auburn has Georgia
    Arkansas has S.C.

I don't think you're going to get much buy-in to your argument from those schools. And I'm not sure I understand your rotation idea -- would we play VD, KY & SC in one year then the other three the next then back to VD, KY & SC? Why would anyone want to agree to such an unbalanced schedule?

Tex, the last time we played Vandy was the day Cecil Collins broke his foot in Nashville, and we won on a missed extra point, 7-6. I think the reason for our lack of games against them was the change in the rotation from 1 game to 2. We play them again in BR next year.

6. max

max Founding Member

Collins was something else in that game. Those few Collins games were a thing of beauty. It's too bad he didn't have his head (morals) on straight.

7. j0nathanr0y

j0nathanr0y Founding Member

How about the best of both worlds? We play both Vandy and Florida next year. Just wait for the 04' season. Only game i'm looking forward to in that season is VT. Biggest turkey hunt in louisiana ever come sept 04'.

8. www.six3.us

www.six3.us Founding Member

We have all the big games home this year:
    GA, AUB, FLA, and ARK

I like the fact we play BAMA @ BAMA we play much better there then home against them.

Don't count Arizona as a win yet. I think thats a good test for the tigers out there. Arizona will be looking for some attention in their football program and yes beating LSU can get them just that.

So lets look at the W's:
    UL-Monroe
    W Illinois
    Miss State
    Louisiana Tech

Ole Miss or S. Carolina could be tricky on the road.

If we win the BIG Games at home the table is ours to run. But we could lose 1or2 of those 4. And the road may also give LSU a lost.

so 9-3 to 12-0, expect nothing less 3 losses.