My Problem With UT...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by EliteLSU1, Dec 11, 2002.

1. SAHorn

SAHorn Freshman

Hey LSU Fan

Simms should have red-shirted and Major should have never lost his position. However, as to:

"Sims is a decent QB, and might have much more talent than Applewhite, but he doesn't have the respect of the team . . . "

He is consistently praised by his teammates and was voted MVP by the team this year. Most of the personal attacks against Simms, such as yours, stem from people who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. Brown created most of the animosity by his incredibly poor handling of the situation.

As to the rest - the opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference. I really don't give a crap about LSU - before, during, or after the game... just another opponent. Have a nice day.

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I agree with SAHorn but on the opposite Spectrum. I could really care less about UT. As far as I am concerned. They are a team year and year out proclaim to be the best team in the nation and after OU kicks the tar out of them year in and year out, and they lose to some other team they are just some spare Big 12 team like A&M. (However I believe give Fran two years and A&M wont be so Spare and UT know will be #3 in the state besides #2) (I believe Texas Tech is #1 since they beat both UT and A&M) they win the Recruiting National Title every year !!!!

Woo Hoo.

Anyway, I dont think we have much of a chance this year to beat UT. Sorry guys just being honest. However like SAHorn said, I could care less about UT or as they are known Sips from Austin. Until they actually win a championship, any championship. Heck maybe even the State of Texas Championship, then maybe I will watch a game or two.

So I agree before, and after the game I could care less about UT.

3. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

they did win the baseball National championship if that means anything.....LMAO...Next year LSU be back in Omaha and we show Texas and everyone else who is lucky enough to be in the CWS how to really rock Omaha.

4. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

just my personal opinion of ut...

nothing more...nothing less...

5. Aggie Fran

Aggie Fran Founding Member

Major had all the intangibles and that is what made him a great college QB. When he came in the game, you could see it on his face that he was determined to take them down the field and nobody was going to stop them (just like he did late in that Colorado game & the Holiday bowl).

Chris Simms, well, he just sucks. He is built like the stereotypical dream QB, but doesn't have the intangibles it takes to win. He probably does have more talent as far as throwing harder and farther. Anytime a defense is successful at putting pressure on him, he falls apart.

I know he torched our ass against a depleted secondary twice and that is what his legacy will be, but he just simply was not a winner and never will be.

I think tu definitely would have played for a NC, had they started Major last year. They might have won it. There is no doubt Mack made some type of stupid guarantee when he was trying to steal Chrissy from Tennessee and it was probably the worst mistake he will ever make in his career. Anyhow, I think Major will make a great coach one day because the kid lives and breathes football.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

OK, just a few observations:

The proper expression is I could NOT care less. If you could care less then you could care less.

If SAHorn is so ambivalent toward LSU then what the hell is he doing lurking on a Tiger board. LSU is not just another opponent. LSU is your NEXT opponent. Big difference. How can someone who lives in Mexico be so arrogant?

Dude from A&M: You make a lot of sense.

7. SAHorn

SAHorn Freshman

Texastigers...

Thank you. We may sit on opposite sides of the stadium, but I can at least respect your attitude. And, I also agree that all the UT-hype is a bunch of crap, but for different reasons. You probably don't ever want to see us win the MNC, whereas I think the hype ruins a team and keeps them from winning (reading their own press clippings, etc.) Either way, it is all hype unless they actually win something - even a conference championship would be nice.

And, either way, win-lose-draw on January 1, you'll still be an LSU fan and me a Longhorn - so I don't get too worked up about it. I don't particularly "hate" any school and don't see what all the fuss is about. My best golfing buddy is a die-hard Sooner - go figure.

Aggie Fran - call me when your entire school is not founded on UT penis envy... Buh bye.

SabanFan - I am not "lurking," I have a lot of friends who are from LSU and truly like the fans and folks from Louisiana. Asswipe.

See you boys and girls in Dallas.

8. Aggie Fran

^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    Typical tu fan. Nobody likes them. Wonder why?

SA Horn: Have fun competing for 3rd place in the Big XII south against OSU and ittech. Doesn't even look like you are going to win the Recruiting National Championship either this year. tu fans are the only ones that think anybody has "penis envy" of them. That is what makes people enjoy watching you overrated idiots gloat, only to have a coach that pulls his best QB that gives him the best chance of winning a NC because he promised time to some pretty boy recruit, screw it all up.

9. Aggie Fran

Off subject question.....

Why are the times on this forum in GMT? Just out of curiosity.....

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

"Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care?" Chicago c. 1972