My Problem With UT...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by EliteLSU1, Dec 11, 2002.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

SAHorn, on same thread says:

I am not "lurking," I have a lot of friends who are from LSU and truly like the fans and folks from Louisiana. Asswipe.

"I really don't give a crap about LSU - before, during, or after the game... just another opponent. "

So? Which is it Bevo Burger boy?

2. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

Hey, SabanFan...

I think the "SHORT-horn" is confused!

Longhorns stand well forward, it IS shorter that you think.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

They are real good at banging their drum. They just don't make any music. Just noise.

4. Hookem

Hookem Freshman

You Aggies are all alike. I mean I couldn't stand Joey Harrington nor could I stand the entire OU team but at least I'm smart enough to realize how good they were and give credit where it was due. All you do by making comments like that is show your IQ.

5. Aggie Fran

Aggie Fran Founding Member

All I am saying hookem is he is doesn't have the intangibles to win when he is pressured. Once he throws an INT, it is all over. I have seen it many times.

I know he has had great games and he is a better than average college QB. I just think you guys would have been better off starting Major last year and I think you probably would have played for the NC. JMO. I think it is obvious whose low IQ is showing since you think he is something special.

6. MR TX EX

MR TX EX Freshman

I'd like to correct a few inaccuracies portrayed by some fellow Horns on this thread (I'll forgive Tiger fans who may be ignorant of the true situation):

1. Simms should have redshirted? Well tell me, who would have played against the Aggies (or anyone else) when Major A. was hurt (ill)? ... Bueller?

The answer is (if Simms were to have been redshirted): NO ONE. Yes, that's right boys and girls, UT had no scholarship quarterbacks behind Major Applewhite because of the departures of John Dutton and Marty Cherry.

2. Major Applewhite was the starting quarterback for:

*1999 N.C. State: Loss

*2000 Oklahoma: (63-14 loss)

*2000 Stanford: Loss

These are but just a few... In other words, Major Applewhite wasn't Joe Montana incarnate. He did fine, but (read closely here): He wasn't the best option at quarterback for Texas because of two major injuries to each knee. *He lost his job due to injury.*

Thank you very much for your time.

7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Yeah, sounds like you could've used Major in the secondary also for that 63-14 game. He may be slow but he was always in the right place at the right time. Major should've played both ways.

8. PoorAggies

PoorAggies Freshman

Actually, there's a twenty game win difference between us and OU(and it's not in OU's favor). We won a 'State of Texas Championship' last year. You really should do a little research before you start spoutin' off....:rolleyes:

9. PoorAggies

PoorAggies Freshman

Wow... You're talking smack after a 30 point drubbing?

If UT-Afterbirth/College Station steps up next year, then you may talk smack, mmmkay?

10. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

oh, you won a "state of texas.......

championship" last year? Yawn. I guess we were wasting our time winning an SEC champ., and Sugar Bowl to boot. We didn't have our eyes on the "big Prize".