My Ranking of the top teams.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by onceanlsufan, Oct 10, 2010.

1. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I know the BCS will not rank them this way, but this is my ranking of the teams based on how many ranked oppenents teams have won against.

LSU - #1 (Undefeated against 3 ranked oppon.)
    OU - #2 (Undefeated against 2 ranked oppon.)
    Boisy State #3 (undefeated against 2 R.O.)

Auburn, Oh. S., Oregon, TCU, and Utah all tied for 4th-7th (undef. 1 ranked. O)

Nebraska - #8, Undefeat against 0 ranked opponents.

Now .. granted, you have to put S.C, AR, and Bama in here somewhere, as all have only 1 loss, but all of their losses came agains top 10 ranked opponents.

Bottom Line, however ... for the Media to keep dissin LSU is uncalled for. They've played a hell of lot tougher schedule than any other top ranked team. They deserve some credit until they get beat!

:geaux:

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Rankings don't mean anything until the end of the season. Where a team is ranked when we play them is insignificant for all practical purposes. And before I get the "We beat up on each other", all conferences play conference opponents.

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Its simple. This team has to win out to make it to the BCS title game. Alabama could make it in with 1 loss, but not LSU, not this year.

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Probably true...

5. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I think you'll see more alignment between AP and USA with respect to LSU. I don't think either one will drop Bama out of the top 10. I'm more curious about the BCS.

We have some tough games ahead - Auburn is a bigger game than I expected at the beginning of the season. And Bama is wounded, but certainly not dead. All we need to worry about is winning - we win out and no one can question our credentials. We are not one of those teams that has to defend it's strength of schedule.

6. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I disagree. If we are SEC champ and have a 'good loss' I think we can get there. Stated another way - if we will 2 out of 3 of Bama, Hogs, and GD Auburn; win the other three; go the SEC champ game and beat USC; no one will care about week 5. Now if Oregon and Nebraska are sill undefeated they'll be ahead of us. But it won't be because of the Tenn game.

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Cam rushed for two benjamin's yesterday vs. Kentucky, he won't do that against our D line.

He was 13 or 21 with an INT and Auburn fumbled 4 times. A team 0-3 in SEC play stretched them, I think we'll win handily.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

He's actually speaking about the reality of the situation. I don't necessarily think he even agrees with it.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

A quality road SEC opponent.

You never win those "handily".

10. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

It's possible, and maybe probable, to have several undefeated teams where a one loss SEC team can't make it....Ohio State, Nebraska, Oregon, TCU, Boise, and maybe LSU (or Auburn) depending on the game, could all be undefeated at the end. I don't think any of these teams play each other.

Could be interesting if 5 or six teams run the table.