My take on the recruits upcoming decision

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BostonBengal, Jan 20, 2005.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, Jamarcus Russell has a tattoo that says "The Chosen One", so we've already got some big ego's around here. Thats the way it is at most schools with a bunch of top-10 recruting seasons.

2. smoovedog

smoovedog Founding Member

IMO the situation at LSU is far better only becuase we have a plethora of WR and RB talent. I think Vince Young is one of the worse QB's in the nation. He is an outstanding runner, terrible QB (can you say Vick *coughs*). He has a much better chance of playing his freshman year at Texas than LSU.

3. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Wow, so you think Russell and Flynn are better QBs than Vince Young??

Young won't scare many defenses with his passing, but I'd take him as my starting QB right now. You don't have to be a good passer in college to be a good QB.

Brown can't be dumb enough to have another Applewhite/Simms fiasco, can he? Well, maybe he can! :grin:

4. smoovedog

smoovedog Founding Member

Is that a serious question???:)
    I mean I give you that Young can run, but my god, he is absolutely horrid as a QB. Even no touch Russell is light years better in the passing game than Young. Flynn has not gotten his chance to shine yet and I believe he is going to be a super QB when he gets some playing time. But thats just my opinion.
    Put it to you like this, if Young would have came to LSU, IMO he would not even have made the team as a QB, he would be playing WR, thats how awful of a QB I think he is.

5. tubadog

tubadog Founding Member

Hey, Don't forget about the bulldogs. He said his decision would be a 'shocker'. I know that his parents really liked Coach Croom. I know it's a long shot, but who knows? Guess we'll know for sure Feb.2.:hihi:

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I really hope you're right. There's no doubt that RP has some big-time "love" for the Longhorns. I think it's partly because, as a high school Sr., you're nearing the point where you can finally explore the world on your own. When I was a Sr., I inquired about all kinds of schools, from all over the country, and was excited about getting the chance to see what it's like someplace else.....but, the bottom line for me was: "there's no place like home" ....and c'mon! I couldn't be away from LSU!!!! :)

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Bet Michigan is wishing he wasn't a QB right now. :)

8. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

The thing that bothers me, which the Texas Rivals site said perfectly was.....Ryan P has never said anything other then that he was going to Texas.

I think he is quite a lock for UT.

9. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Yep.. And if he's holding back his announcement to decide to attend LSU, then that's the best-kept secret in the history of recruiting.

Here's to hoping that Perrilloux shocks us all and commits to LSU