My thoughts - Marcus Randall, UT Fans and why LSU should have been in the Cotton.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Jan 1, 2003.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Well I was at the game.

I know I have been the biggest critic of Marcus Randall. I know he is just a kid, but he does not belong in D1 college football.
    He is solely responsible for losing the game for LSU. My brother who was with me said it best. We saw LSU when LSU was kicking UT up and down the field Randall was playing like a decent QB, short passes smart play etc etc. Then the true Marcus Randal showed up. He missed open reciever after open reciever, he passes missed by 10-15 yards, fumbles interception. I think it says it all when Clayton was wide open when we were staging a comeback, and Randall over threw him by 15 yards. He raised his hands in the air looked at Saban and simply shook his head. Thanks Randall but you dont belong in big time college football.
    I hope he has a successful future, I am sure he is a good kid. But I big time college football is just to big for him. Sad thing that is all we had.

UT Fans - I have never been around a more pompous arrogant jack ass group of fans in my life. I took my family who was in from Baton Rouge out to Dinner last night at the stupid Magic Time Machine place in Addison. (My brother has 3 kids). Twice while eating dinner with my family in a secluded table, two long horn fans came up to us, interruptted our dinner to stick those devil horns in our faces and say Hook Em, not simply show us but yell Hook Em, and LSU sucks... (keep in mind we have a 4 year old who a long horn fan screamed LSU sucks) Classy group.. Not from across the room mind you, but came up to our table that was in some hat thing away from everything to make asses of themselves. On the way out I saw two of them picking fights with LSU fans. Good news one of thier own told them to shut up. Anyway, give me Auburn Fans any day. I hope to never play these arrogant rude fans again. I know we have our share of idiots, but UT has idiots and arrogance, a nasty mix. Funny thing is they have yet to win anything, not even a conference title.

I am proud of the way LSU played, and yes we should have been there. LSU brought tons of fans, spent tons of Money in Dallas, Dallas will have us back in heartbeat. Bowls are about Money, and LSU brings it. PLain and simple. Hell we sold more tickets then UT did in their own state... Marcus Randall handcuffed a great performance by LSU. Sure one or two dropped passes, but LSU had chance after chance to put UT away early, but Randall would either fumble, Over throw, run, or do something to just kill us.

Randall lost 2 games for us this year, and did nothing to win any of them (Except for Maybe USC) yes I will say it again. Marcus Randall is the sole reason LSU lost today. Thanks Marcus you tried I just hope to never see you take another snap at QB for LSU. My heart cannot take it.

Roy Williams is a stud, but that is ALL UT had against us, their best player was Marcus Randall..

Till Next year.
    Geaux Tigers
    And yes it is great to be an LSU Tiger.

2. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Strong words. I hope you're wrong.

Is there any reason why Randall can't be coached to play like does when he's doing well? I hope so.

If not, we'll have to rely on Mauck.

Auburn looked good today. They will be the team to beat in the West next year. Too bad we have trouble beating Auburn.

PS U of Texas knows how arrogant and foul-mouthed their fans are, because all during the game on TV, they run ads on how great sportsmanship is. It's obvious many of them Horn fans have lots to learn about sportsmanship.

Here's an example of Texas culture:

Question: When can you tell that you are a proud Father in Texas?

Answer: When you have to yell at your 12-year old daughter to stop smoking at the table . . .

. . . .in front of her kids.

:p

3. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

TexasTigers, you are on target again!

4. DC-Tiger

DC-Tiger Founding Member

Randall to safety?

Well, you can't coach talent, you either have it or you dont. Marcus Randall may be a game trier, but just does not have the talent to be a successfull D-1 QB. His play in the 1st Q was too good to be true, as you mention, the real Randall showed up soon enough. Maybe he was bothered by the calf injury. In any case we need someone else at the helm, someone that can pass accurately for distances greater than 15 yards.

That said, how about moving Randall to safety? He is 6'2", 225, quick and strong, and if nothing else may not get blown over the way Hunt was.

5. EELSU1

EELSU1 Founding Member

<<< UT Fans - I have never been around a more pompous arrogant jack ass group of fans in my life. I took my family who was in from Baton Rouge out to Dinner last night at the stupid Magic Time Machine place in Addison. (My brother has 3 kids). Twice while eating dinner with my family in a secluded table, two long horn fans came up to us, interruptted our dinner to stick those devil horns in our faces and say Hook Em, not simply show us but yell Hook Em, and LSU sucks... (keep in mind we have a 4 year old who a long horn fan screamed LSU sucks) Classy group.. Not from across the room mind you, but came up to our table that was in some hat thing away from everything to make asses of themselves. On the way out I saw two of them picking fights with LSU fans. Good news one of thier own told them to shut up. Anyway, give me Auburn Fans any day. I hope to never play these arrogant rude fans again. I know we have our share of idiots, but UT has idiots and arrogance, a nasty mix. Funny thing is they have yet to win anything, not even a conference title. >>>

Texas, you make a good point here. Chris Simms can stand before the LSU sideline screaming & trash-talking them like he did yesterday at one point, but the fact is Texas has no championships to show for all their wear during the Simms "era". Texas is spending DOUBLE on football, that's right, DOUBLE what LSU spends, yet LSU is the school that has a SEC Championship and a BCS Bowl victory in the last 4 years.

I like Texas fans. When they played Tulane in the Dome this year(the same day LSU played MSU), that night was the most fun I had in the French Quarter in a long time. Texas fans were out in full-force, and they were FUN. I regret not being able to go yesterday (it was only the second game I missed all season), but I can picture what you're talking about with some of these Texas fans. Fans tend to get smug when they win a lot, but as you mentioned, the Chris Simms' era produced NOTHING from a championship standpoint. The Texas team was late-hitting LSU all day yesterday. Clayton took a shot from a DB that was completely uncalled for, and thankfully Clayton laughed it off. I was actually glad Randall threw a football at the lineman who hit him late, after the refs had stopped play.

Mack Brown, the great salesman that he is, constantly tells the world how great Chris Simms is, and how well Simms will do in the NFL. BULLSHI_. Simms is too fragile-minded to play in the NFL. Look at that chicken-shi_ stunt Simms pulled yesterday trash-talking the LSU sideline. Then he calls a timeout with 1 minute left up by 15 points??? All so he could throw another pass to get some kind of record (and throws a INT to boot)? Without Roy Williams saving Texas yesterday, Simms would have lost yet another game in the Cotton Bowl, has he usually had vs. Oklahoma.

AND, Mack Brown screwed Major Applewhite big time when he got Simms to change his Tennessee commitment. That's why he's constantly telling the world how great Chris Simms is, to justify his actions. But Texas fans know that at the end of the day, there's still no Big 12 Championship ring on Chris Simms' finger.