My thoughts.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Sep 18, 2004.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I'm going to post my thoughts before reading any of the post game threads.
    We should have won but our offense is a ways from being SEC ready.
    Our defense played well, though we need to wrap up more. We had a guy on the running back on every play but, at least in the first half we let them break too many tackles. I'm not worried about our defense.
    I'd like to see Russell continue his baptism under fire. He will only get better.
    I hate to lose, especially to Auburn, but it's time that a lot of people be brought back down to earth. We have a good team and we will get better but let's cool the repeat NC talk. Not that it's not possible but the bar has been set way too high for this team.
    Auburn will not win the SEC West. Will LSU? Let's wait and see.
    Until the interception, I thought we were going to win.
    We've all been waiting for the kicking game to lose one. Well, this was it.
    Tubby is a fool. He should have taken the field goal. He was lucky to win.
    Although I never saw a real good replay, I think we recovered that fumble and had a foot inbounds.
    The personal foul after the missed PAT was BUSH LEAGUE!!
    Campbell is better, but not much better.
    I hated Randy Cross before the game and I don't feel any differently now.
    Caddy is still our bitch.
    I do not expect to lose too many more games this year, but neither am I going to expect another National Championship.
    Next year? Look out.

2. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

While we're on the subject of random thoughts, the similarities between Bowe and Clayton are endless. They both wear only one of the LSU eye black things and they both wear it below the right eye.

3. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

I agree with you in your utter discontent for hillbilly Randy Cross.
    we owned Caddy, but Brown would have ran all on us and our poor tackling skills if they would have stuck with one back the entire game.
    i also agree with your getting brought back to earth comments...i think this loss will do more good then bad this season. it is hard to play week in and week out with extraordinary expectations being placed on you.......that is why Auburn will not win the West.

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I agree with you SabanFan and I didn't understand why everyone thought this team
    would be as good as they thought such as undefeated or a 1 loss team.

I'm not saying we will lose more than 1 game but this team will have to be 100% improved for the road games ahead.
    We could easily lose a few more if you ask me, such as Georgia and Florida.

I hope not but this team has their work cut out for them!

5. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

After the OSU game . . .

By halftime of the OSU game, I knew that we weren't going to win the NC this year.

That said, I'm very happy with where we are right now. I hope we stick with Russell and Flynn at QB for the rest of the season now.

6. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Who do you think will win the SEC West, then? It pretty much looked like a two-horse race between Auburn and LSU. Just curious since you brought it up

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Everybody is down on the kicking game and the quarterbacks, and rightfully so. But responsibility for this loss needs to be spread around the entire offense. The offensive line and the running backs underperformed the whole game, with the exception of Broussard's fine showing. Nick and Jimbo have to take a few lumps for poor management of the quarterbacks. I can't criticise the receivers too much, because they were getting open a lot. But they dropped a few critical ones.

Nick really can't keep saying that he has no quarterback controversy. There are going to be a lot of polls this week.

This team is young and has three road games against ranked opponents. But this will be a good year. We will finish 9-2, possible 8-3, and go to a major bowl with a shot at the SECCG. And LSU will be stronger next year--and has Georgia, Florida, and Auburn at home.

8. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

it is definately a 2 horse race, but Auburn still has UGA and Florida this year, plus the Alabama State Championship where anything can happen.

After watching Georgia the last 3 weeks, and how well we ran today at Auburn, I like our chances at Georgia. I am nervous about Florida and their passing game.

The winner of the West very well may have 2 loses this year.

9. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

This wasn't supposed to be a NC team. New WRs, New QB. This is the developmental year that should put us back in the MNC race for the next 3 years. Had we retained Clayton and Mauck, we would have been a contender this year. There is no shame in losing a tough SEC road game. We will review film, make corrections, and get ready to run through MSU.

Most people predicted 9-2 for this team. If we can grab at least 1 in Florida or Georgia, we will be on track for what most people expected. A 9-2 finish would land us in a very good bowl game.

10. utdbear

utdbear Founding Member

I don't understand why everybody is down. Sure you lost, but you lost a 1-point game on the road against a very good team(Auburn is no joke, no matter how much some of you guys hate them). Last year you guys got dominated by Florida at home, but bounced back and won the NC. It's not over, you guys are a championship level team, and Saban will have your boys ready to take care of business as the season moves along.