My thoughts.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Sep 18, 2004.

1. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Founding Member

I recorded the game on my digital recorder. You are correct. We did recover the fumble and Travis Daniels did have one foot inbounds (left foot) and possession. Not only did the refs blow the call, but the clock continued to run.

If the right call was made, game set and match LSU. Auburn had no more timeouts.

I agree also Randy Cross. He had his nose stuck so far Auburn's A$$ it was totally obvious.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Nice post SabanFan.

I enjoyed watching this game today and by the end of it I felt very humbled. I honestly did not respect Auburn's ability to compete with LSU. My bad, I was dead wrong. Congrats to them for playing a great game defensively and having the experienced players to step up when it counted on offense at the end.

I must comment that I feel the quarterback situation is much better than I figured it might be by this point in the season in that there do not seem to be a lot of quarterback mistakes/interpceptions/etc. Randall has not done as bad of a job as some people would have us believe nor has Russell done nearly as good of a job as some other people would have us believe.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Good question. LSU wins one of the 2 big games (Ga. And Fla) and wins out over the rest of the conference. Auburn loses to Ga, and Tennessee so it'll come down to the Iron Bowl. Bama wins, we are SEC West Champs. Auburn wins, they go. I look for AU to have 3 conf losses and LSU to have 2. By then, we'll be in end of season form and look out BCS. We might not be in the Orange Bowl but it's another million in the bank. :thumb:

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

You don't have any confidence in the coaches?

Remember what the coaches did to a team that looked like crap
    in a home loss to Florida? :dis: :confused:

5. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

I just looked up "KNEE JERK", "pessimist", and "over-reactor" in the dictionary and saw your name and picture by those words.

you are a true fan FightinTiger.......... :dis:

6. utdbear

utdbear Founding Member

I think Georgia better get their stuff straight or they are going to have major problems once the heart of the SEC schedule comes calling. Tennessee looked pretty good, but they are having QB shuffling difficulties, but Ainge looks like he is going to be the man. With Croyle out Alabama might have just lost their season. I think someone who is being overlooked is Arkansas. They played Texas very well in Fayetteville, and if that same team shows up against either AU or LSU, both teams are going to be in trouble. It's early, but its now Auburn's title to lose.

7. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

We CANNOT overlook Arkansas this year as a team in the west. They gave Texas the victory. Who knows how good Texas will be, but I do not think we can say it is only a 2 horse race at this point.

8. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

You beat me to Arkansas by about 2 seconds :thumb:

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I hate counting on the Iron Bowl to see if LSU goes to the SEC CG.

Under Dinardo, we had 2 consecutive years where the Iron Bowl had the wrong team win and had us staying home in early December. And the winning teams flip flopped those 2 years, it was very frustrating.

10. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

Actually I agreed with 90% of your post and would have given you a reputation point if I had not done so on a previous post (it would not allow me to). Not that repuatation points mean sh!t, but you made many valid points....

Edit - all these posts are running together. I liked your analysis of the game in a different thread, but I do not question your loyalty.