My top 10 football programs

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Dec 9, 2007.

1. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

That you sit here and complain with this statement when I supported you?

2. gotigers311

gotigers311 Freshman

Michigan should not be in the top 10.....they consistantly underperform every year

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well, tell me one of the following teams that I list behind OU that you would put ahead of them (in which you are obviously saying there are at least 2 to put them out of the top 5):

5. Florida
    6. Texas
    7. Georgia
    8. Auburn
    9. Virginia Tech
    10. Florida State
    (tie) Michigan

No way you can say Texas. They own Texas. Florida maybe. Georgia has not done anything special except be consistent (which is commendable). So maybe #5 at the very worst for OU. I still say OU slightly stronger than Florida right now.

4. Bamabuzzard

Bamabuzzard Founding Member

You misunderstood me. I was confused as to what you were wanting me "to see" when you said refer to your pasts post. Wasn't trying to be smart. :thumb:

5. islstl

That's a fair statement. When I did the list initially I left them off, then added them as a tie with FSU (which has underperformed just the same).

I just can't see anyone else replacing them for being either #10 or #11. ND, Penn St, Alabama, Tennessee are just not good enough. WVU still has a little more longevity to go to crack the top 10. Miami would be the only team that could be ahead of them. I have Miami at #12.

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

You're right, besides FU, that bottom 5 hasn't done alot. Tex has as many NC as OU, but OU does own them. The only real problem I have with your list is OU at 2. I don't think they deserve to be number 2 because of what's happened in the post season the last few years. If you're talking about all time, then yeah maybe. But if we're only talking about since the BCS inception, then they probably need to be ranked lower. :thumb:

7. islstl

Well after the bowl season I adjusted my list as follows:

1. USC
    2. LSU
    3. Ohio State
    4. Oklahoma
    5. Florida
    6. Texas
    7. Georgia
    8. Auburn
    9. Virginia Tech
    10. Florida State
    (tie) Michigan

I dropped OU from #2 to #4 mainly because of the huge loss to WVU (and the last 3 BCS games for that matter).

You should feel a lot better about my list now.

8. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Guess we were each wrong. I spotted him too many years.

Almost a year later the list looks ok. Of course RichRod left and they replaced him with that guy that is in debt up to his eyeballs that smiles all the time.