My top 10 football programs

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

And "Saban hate" is a strong term. I am over my "hatred" of Saban, and have moved on. I did this by looking back over what he did in the past at LSU, and even MSU. I found that he is a GOOD coach, GREAT recruiter, and serious prick.:shock:

I don't believe he will do any BETTER at Bama than he did at LSU, and save for one season at LSU...if he does the same there, it won't be enough to bring them back to "elite" status...and won't be enough to please the Bama faithful.

If he is able to bring Bama to an NCG, and especially if he were to win it...of course that would do the trick...but I don't think he will. I don't think he's the same guy he was here...he was HUNGRY when he was here.

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Thats the dumbest argument I have ever heard. Of course I am going to go from an unlimited list of criteria options. Why would I want to be narrow minded? Im not the BCS. I can think for myself.

Like Fish, care to make a list?

3. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

IMO, if LSU wins this NC, and finishes with a top 5 or 6 recruiting class, we should move them up to #2 or #3. We would be the 1st team to win 2 BCS titles, and have won SEC championship in '01, '03, lost in title game in '05, and champs again in '07.

:crystal: :geaux: :crystal: :geaux: :crystal:

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

My list was made and posted about two pages ago. I didn't leave Bama off due to any "hate"...I left them off for reasons already mentioned. And you and I both know that "competing" for SEC West crowns won't cut it at Bama...and I don't consider that elite.

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

In case you missed it.:thumb:

1 person likes this.
  6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Why do you say it wont cut it, do you know something? Competing for the SEC isn't elite? What is?

And I apologize, I missed your list.

7. clair

clair Rockets

this is 100% why I chose to not make a list of my own.

Too many people here like to take the fun out of everything by letting their own, personal biases interrupt logical thought.

1 person likes this.
  8. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Give me some criteria that aren't universal and I will make a list. The way it stands now I can put anything up and It can't be wrong. If you are going to use support, recuriting, tradition and history as criteria I would move bama up on the list. I would not have them #7. You are punishing them for recent history. Using the criteria I just mentioned the list will be coming up.

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I'm nearly 40 years old...(not a "fisherBOY")...and I've followed SEC football for most of those years. I remember the '79 Bama team, and I remember when the Bear retired...and shortly thereafter passed away. I have watched Bama go thru myriad coaches trying to bring back the Bear. I remember Gene Stallings wasn't good enough even after winning the NC in 1992. If that wasn't elite, then "competing for SEC West crowns" sure isn't.

I don't hate Bama...never have. I think they have some seriously delusional fans, but I know that they also have a lot of realists...or at least SEMI-realists.:hihi: I am showing no more "hate" for Bama than I am any of the others that didn't make my list...such as ND, Miami, Penn St., et al...and in fact, if I hate ANY teams...it's Miami and F$U. Just FYI.:thumb:

One more thing...you keep accusing me of turning this into a Bama hate thread. I'm not the one who brought Bama into this discussion at all...YOU are. Of course, you weren't hatin' on 'em...but I was also not the first to say anything negative about Bama.

I would venture to say that YOU are more guilty of turning this into a Bama LOVE fest than I am of turning it into a Bama HATE fest.

10. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Thanks coach gundy ;), and I was joking with you about the Bama hate, though not so much about others' views on the situation.

However, it shows me (AND HONESTLY YOU ARE NOT EXPECTED TO KNOW ANY OF THIS) that you dont know what was going on. Every fan loved Stallings and still does. He did "cut it," whatever that means. He and the AD/Others did not get along thus bringing his tenure to a close WAY shorter than expected by he and his supporters. And hey, I had Bama on a list on 10...dont accuse me. You could of at least complained about Zona St. :hihi:

As for Goodlifetiger...

Seriously, make a list on the criteria you want to use. I did mine as it seemed that it was the most fair. You may disagree, but feel free to use any method you want. I used my method as it opened up what the future might hold bringing good discussion. :thumb: