My View of L S U

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by stamant79, Sep 5, 2004.

1. stamant79

stamant79 Founding Member

Nick has built a team that is all about speed. Why do you think he is undefeated in dome games. IF L S U cannot utilize its speed it is just an average team. If we were to play in the rain every week we would be lucky to be a .500 team.

I do believe you will see a different team the next time they take the field. I know there are some questions that need to be answered at QB and other issues as well but I do believe that Nick and jimbo will have the team better prepared if this happens again.(Having to play in the conditions like saturday night)

If a team cannot play to its greatest strength (In LSU case speed) it then becomes difficult to play as capable and at the level which they are expected to play at because of the adjustment of not being able to use what seperates you from everyone else. JMO

2. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

I see your point, but I think that our tough showing against OSU had to do with our play calling plus the fact that OSU came to play.

If every game were played on a wet field, we still have plenty of talent to win most of them. We would just have to switch our strategy. Don't worry, LSU will be fine.

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Love the sig pic Joe! :tigerhead

*gives you positive rep points*

4. JoeReckless

Thanks,

You gotta love photoshop.

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Guys,
    A lot of it has to do with rust too, Marcus has had spotty appearances in games,
    between that and the inexperience on the offensive side of the ball.
    Our offensive line had its problems, remember the timely penalty that killed the touchdown, it all fell apart after that.

Having said that I'm not taking up for Marcus.
    He was totally outplayed by a freshman, may the best man win.

the coaches will make the right decision!

6. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

competition will be good for all the Qbs. This week you will see the speed and ability LSU has. This will also be the case in Auburn. That OSU Qb was pretty good.... LSU will grow up very quickly

7. JoeReckless

I agree completely!!!

8. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

***** the weather. LSU played two rain game last year an nobody said anything. This year game one looks like hell and all of a sudden it's rain. So OSU got faster and we got slower. See last years remark by Saban.

Execution and play calling. Don't tackle at the shoulder pads, wrap up etc. Catch the ball when it hits you in the hands. I support LSU as much as anyone but I refuse to say the weather caused us to almost get beat by OSU. If others want to so be it, but it wasn't raining against the Gators last year.