Mystery Michigan Jet in Baton Rouge???*UPDATE* UM Plane Back in Baton Rouge 1/9/11

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Jan 7, 2011.

1. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

He told the team AND the media that he loved OSU and Stillwater and planned to stay there for a long time too...48 hours before he signed with us.

Don't worry about being surprised though, his AD then said this: "I had no clue that (Miles) was leaving," Holder said. "I didn't believe the rumors." :eek:

3. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

:lol:

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

ive seen articles where miles has said the way he handled that was a mistake. hopefully he learned from it.

well. that would be scathing. if holder had been the ad at the time. he wasnt. he was the golf coach. harry birdwell was the ad and there was an extensive article about how he and miles talked about it, how he knew it was a tough decision for miles, and when miles made the decision and came to birdwell, he and cathy came and told him because it was a family decision.

some people learn from their mistakes, some dont. (i will not be the next hc at alabama.) we shall see how miles handles the whole thing if he leaves.

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

It landed in BR from Thomasville and left 2 hours later for Savannah. That was quick...:lol:

6. LSUTiga

Sounds a lot more like the man I know since coming to LSU.

Well I guess my reading comp has once again failed me but hey, Holder was hunting quail with the real AD...at T. Boone Pickens' ranch. :lol:

7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

<stolen from a poster at TD...and paraphrasing>

Knowing Miles time management skills, he probably told them to come get him today, forgetting he had to be in Dallas for the Cotton Bowl.

2 people like this.
  8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

this is why i have no idea.

while i am not hearing "i will not be the next hc at michigan" kind of talk, if he does leave, he wasnt denying. seems deflecting to maybe try to keep the team focused. but at the same time, if he came out and said "i'm leaving" would that distract the team even more? i dont know. and whatever miles has going on, seems he is trying to keep the team focused and i would hope that is the basis of how he handles anything.

seems no matter what, when this happens, especially with games left, coaches are put in a no win situation. no matter what they do, it is gonna be wrong. book it.

i just remember a lengthy article interviewing birdwell where he said when the miles' family came to see him to tell him they were leaving, it was obvious they had all been crying and it had been a difficult decision. i do know that even tho he did not handle it correctly with the team and media, miles did handle it like a man and honestly with birdwell.

if he goes, i hope he handles it better with the team. that is the mistake he needs to learn from. media and fans.... we are the last he owes anything to.

1 person likes this.
  9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Didn't it originate in NY, fly to Exuma in the Caribbean, the a lot of other places too? Never did go to UM...

10. LSUTiga

[​IMG]

I agree 100% with this. Even with Saban I've said it's a great and terrible situation for a coach to be in and I'm not sure there is "a way" to handle it. I think I'd keep it zipped in hopes it would not rob my current team of any opportunities so if he announces tom that he's gone there's no ill feelings from me. In fact, I'd be grateful for all he's given to us and probably keep an eye on him in his new job...especially his post-game pressers. :D