N. Championship prints and stopping the Dogs

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by videoproducer, Feb 13, 2004.

1. videoproducer

videoproducer Freshman

Before I address our somehow catching the Dogs, I just saw some cool National Championship prints on a website called sportsfantreasures.com. There is two of them, one that focuses on key players from the 03 season and another one that is more Sugar Bowl related.

Anyway as good as the Tigers are playing this year, what do you think our chances of catching MSU are? They're bound to hit the wall at some point and they're on our schedule pretty quick.

Geaux Tigers!

VP

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I assume you're referring to MSU basketball right? :)

I dunno....I think MSU basketball might be the real deal. You don't go, what, 20-1 with a poor team. Especially in the SEC.

I don't think they're quite a #1 seed like so many prognosticators project them to be come NCAA Tourny time, but I think they're a ledgit 2nd or 3rd seed.

They may very well be due for a little collapse of sorts, but I doubt they'll fall very far before regaining some momentum.

And as good as our team is, they're winning strictly on athleticisim--not a whole lot of experience just yet. It'll be interesting to see how our young Tiger team handles some of the nations more recognized teams in college basketball this year.

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Just saw one of those posters--the one with the tiger in the middle, Nick Saban, Mauck, Lavalais and Clayton. Only it's NOT Clayton. Sure, the jersey reads "14", but when you look at him, THERE'S NO WAY THAT'S Michael Clayton!! Guys WAY TOO "JACKED" and built.

He's also darker than Clayton...a lot darker. He looks like Bradie James with an air brushed "14"....

4. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Those are cool prints.

5. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

http://www.pigskinprints.com has a nice print. I ordered one from them after the 2001 season...it was called "Orange Crushers". I have it in my son's room.

6. BB

BB Founding Member

That is not Michael Clayton by any stretch of the imagination. That is really bad.

7. PurpleBlood

PurpleBlood Founding Member

I agree. Those prints are horrible. It probably took all of 5 minutes to work those up. Pitiful.

8. lsutiger69

lsutiger69 Freshman

9. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I think the one with Saban, Lavalais, Mauck and the Clayton "poser" is a rather sharp picture. I do agree that looks nothing like Clayton, but overrall it's a very attractive piece. The Saban head in the upper right hand corner reminds me of the old Bear Bryant/Bama air brushes. It has the same mystique to it, hopefully one day he'll (Saban) be just as big of a legend.

BTW, I bought those two lazer engraved wooden footballs at "Tyger Gifts" about a month ago. Very nice!!!

10. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

ha, that is brady james. ive seen that picture of him before....might have been after the 01 auburn game