N. Texas Good Test for D.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by OpelousasLSUFan, May 10, 2005.

1. OpelousasLSUFan

OpelousasLSUFan Founding Member

Found this about N Taxas. It will be a good test for our run D to start off the year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2056559&num=0

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I think we put up 70 in Miles first game as coach. Their defense is going to be terrible, they have a new QB and they will also have an inexperienced Oline to block for their 2 good RB's.

3. OpelousasLSUFan

OpelousasLSUFan Founding Member

I hope u are right. I just think that we will see how good our LBs are with 2 good RBs to contind with.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

LSU hasn't put 70 points on anyone since 1977. Recently we have a tendency to get a slow start out of the blocks in games 1 and 2. We'll beat North Texas, but they are good enough to keep us from laying 70 on 'em.

5. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

LSU beat Arkansas State 70-14 in 1991.

6. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

ULL hung with North Texas last year, and that team was better than this years... LSU will put up 42 on them then coast.

7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I agree.

I predict the final to be:
    :lsup: 43
    UNT 20

Our starters exit by 2nd possession in the 4th quarter with a 33-17 lead. Our offense puts up some points, and any inefficient moments will be over-shadowed by superior depth and talent. Russell has good game, but not great, and posts something along the lines of the Spring Scrimmage performance--something like 17 of 33 for 225, 3 scores (1 rushing) and I'm predicting 1 INT. Buster Davis will lead all Tiger receivers with 80 yards on 7 catches and a TD. Dwayne Bowe hauls in the other TD from Russell. Our running game puts up about 275 on the ground. Addai and Broussard each have somewhere in the area of 80-90 yards apiece.

Defensively, the new system isn't quite in place yet. It's effective, and we see signs that it'll be good--but we won't be there just yet; hence, giving up 17 points, but get pressure, talley a couple of sacks and force 3 turn-overs.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Last year this team gave up 65 to Texas, 52 to Colorado, 37 to Baylor, 31 to USM and 30 to UL-M. With our 4th string tailback being better than everyone of those teams first stringer except for UT and all of the other depth we have, plus the fact it will be the first game under Miles we will explode. Add to that the fact the Mean Green will have 7 new starters on D including the entire Dline and an almost completely new Oline to keep them from running time off the clock & a new QB and I think the scoring opportunities will be plentiful.

9. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Well then.....since you put that kind of info out there, it'll be 54-20, :lsup:

:D :thumb:

10. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

That game will be a laugher. It may be a test for 10 mins. LSU will dominate that game.