NASCAR Sprint Cup Qualifying

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by COramprat, Apr 4, 2008.

1. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

NASCAR Sprint Cup Qualifying crash

Anyone see Micheal McDowells qualifying crash in the Cup Series?

:eek:

He came out OK...no injuries but man it was bad.

http://www.nascar.com/video/cup/2008/04/04/cup.tex.quals.mcdowell.nascar/index.html?MostPopular

2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Saw that. Kid was dead in a car 10 years ago with the same crash. Adam Petty, Earnhardt died in lesser crashes. It wasn't the roll overs so much as the impact. He hit nasty, walked away and his parents are still locked in the bathroom. I have believed in the new car for just this reason. He was clocked at 165 the second before impact, just plain ugly. Kid is gonna race Sunday in a brand new back up!

This McDowell kid is for real, I mean what he did in Martinsville last weekend AND in his young development, kids don't do. :nope: He got huge at-a-boys from some quality veterans and top of that list was Jeff Burton. This kid is going places. JB could not have spoken any more eloquently on his behalf, but then again thats JB.

Not many know but Dale Earnhardt had Jeff Burton hand picked to take over the 3 before he died. Dale died, the next season JB loses his sponsor and after the second race with a white hood he was signing a contract with RCR. Burton finished that season after 17 races driving a wet noodle for Childress. Despite his finishes in the last two chases, I am confident he will be a champion some day. He has not been outside the top 12 in over 70 races.

3. BigWee_TEAMKATT

BigWee_TEAMKATT Victory for LSU!!!

That was one of the nastiest hits I have seen in quite some time. You are right Cali. The rollovers were secondary. That initial slam against the wall was brutal to watch, even though we all know he made it out okay.

4. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

The hit compressed the safer barrier completely! This new car is amazingly safe. All but the "greenhouse" was desintergraged after all those barrell roles.

5. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I hate to think what would have happened without the Safer barrier. That and the HANS probably saved his life.