Nasty D

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by fanatic, Sep 18, 2006.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

For those who don't know, LSU's defense is ranked No.1 in the nation in scoring, passing, and total. I love it. I never thought I'd see a defense as good or better than in '04 so soon, but it appears we may have one, and they passed their first real test against a solid AU squad (and a back that torched them for 200+ yards last year) Even though it was in a losing effort, it wasn't the D's fault.

I'll admit, I was one of Bo Pelliini's biggest critics and even called him out in this forum after the first couple of games last year. I've since seen the light, apologized publicly on this very same forum, and admitted that I know nothing about coaching a defense. His defense is just flat out viscious right now and I can't imagine anyone wanting a piece of them after what happened Sat.

2. Scoop43

Scoop43 Founding Member

A good solid year of experience should provide a lockdown D next year provided that this year's eight starters on D return for a true National Championship campaign in 2007.

I could be wrong but don't we get most of the 'Best of the West' teams at Tiger Stadium in '07?

Running the table over the remaining nine games this year, 2006, would give us a decent shot at playing a Top Five team in a Jan 1 bowl game or a possible repeat of the 2003 BCS madness. It's what I believe should be called the Landry Sandwich Bowl (2003 mnc 2004 2005 2006 ?)

:lsup: :geauxtige