National ID Cards

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by CParso, May 9, 2006.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

What is different about a national ID from a state issued license? Why would the entire country change because we have something to identify ourselves? This wouldn't necessarily have anything to do with them "watching" us & certainly has nothing to do with freedom of religion.

PS: You, as an individual, do not have the right to bear arms. The courts have ruled that the amendment applied only to malitia.

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

A difference, that all depends.
    I bet a national ID would be different in many ways.
    Technology has certainly changed the way things are done and I think its
    one reason why our privacy is being eroded.
    As technology has come of age it makes it very easy for Uncle Sam or the UN
    to watch us closer.
    My bet is that this national ID card would have more information(more advanced) including a chip inside and I am suspicious that we won't need a credit card one day.
    The national ID would work for all purposes, ID, Credit, Cash.
    They could track everything you do and maybe you couldn't do anything without it, it would also be almost impossible to counterfeit.
    This could also have something to do with the new world order and the European Union.

I as an individual don't have the right to keep and bear arms?
    Maybe I'll go back and read the Constitution?
    I'm not saying you are right or wrong here, even if you're right doesn't
    mean the courts are correct.
    Maybe this country is further along than I thought when it comes to erosion
    of our rights.
    The courts have also decided you can kill babies and take people's properties
    away, that doesn't mean the court is right.

For every question you say it has nothing to do with I will say you could be
    right but what if you are wrong?
    Haven't we all seen the erosion of our rights in this country enough to not
    have a little bit of concern about these kind of things?

Look, I hope I'm wrong and this stuff never happens, I hope I turn out to be
    a nut on this subject.
    I'm very cautious and suspicious of government activities, phrases like New
    World Order and technology of today spying at us 24 hours a day.
    Now, I have never done anything bad so I have no reason to worry about
    someone watching me however I pray that we don't wake up one morning
    and everything is different, that worries me at times but I don't loose sleep
    over this stuff either.
    I'm concerned over developments in the world and country today.
    I'm not concerned over 1 or 2 things happening, its where it leads to down the road, do you understand what i mean?

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Sourdough, I think you may be approaching the edge man. There is no new world order. Conspiracy theorists are crazy. You are smarter than that. We have lost alot of pricacy in the recent years with the advancement in technology. We can protect what is still ours if we are smart at the polls. Relax my friend.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

We'll never be forced to use our national ID as a credit card or cash. Even if it became a possability, it would always be an option. We are still, and always will be, a free market economy.

There is no new world order & the last thing America wants is to be in a European Union.

The courts have maintained that the amendment was put in the constitution in reference to the malitia, and thus it only applies to them. I don't know if I agree with it, but that's what the courts have ruled.

We still hold the power. We vote into office who we want.

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Maybe...
    LOL, Bush 41 use to talk about it quite often and I find it hard to believe
    that it just disappeared.
    I do believe in Revelations and I think the National ID card could lead to
    what it talks about in Revelations.
    No man can buy or sell without a mark in on their right hand or forehead.
    How about the verichip for another example?
    Yep, I hope I'm nuts...:lol:

I'm glad you are here at times SupaFan, you do help lift my spirits about
    the world, I worry what kind of world will my kids be stuck in when I'm gone
    especially since they both are special needs kids, Autism and Down Syndrome.
    Although Tyler is a pretty smart kid and communicate well for that Kind of kid.

I'm not saying that I'm sold on all this stuff, just suspicious and worry
    about the kids future once their parents are gone.

6. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

This is a foolish statement. There may not be a org. called the NEW world order, but if you do not see a worldwide government forming, in early stages, but still forming, you are blind.

SD is right about a lot of things in his post. Maybe not everything, but I don't know because I have a short attention span and his post was pretty long.

This is happening before our eyes. It is not far away. Some credit cards are already offering "Fast Pass" transactions that require no signiture you just pass your card in front of a machine. Exxon/Mobile has the Speed pass thing that looks like a key chain you just get it close to the pump and it bills you account. All of the technology is already available.

The biggest problem with all of this is that the masses will probably not only accept such a thing, but will find it to be very convenient and easy. Less to keep up with. They will never think of what is really happening and that is why the government will be able to pass it on us so easily.

7. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

My son is also autistic, I hear exactly what you are saying.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

What ruling?

Emerson 1999 concluded that the Amendment was intended to protect the right of individuals to own and carry firearms. In October, 2001, the Fifth Circuit upheld the validity of federal firearm statute at issue in Emerson as a narrowly tailored reasonable restriction on Second Amendment rights--but, importantly, the court held that the Second Amendment does guarantee individuals the right to possess firearms, not just members of "militias."

A Right to Bear Arms

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I guess I am blind because I see the United States pursuing its best interests in light of what the rest of the world seems to think. There may be some interaction between wold governments, but there won't be a one world government in our lifetime.

I guess you might belive this guy too http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2003/11/02.html#lear

10. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

LOL, nah, not into the UFO crap.

But this stuff is not a conspiracy. Conspiracies are covered up, this stuff is right in front of us.

The United States is pursuing the best interests of 1% of it's citizens. Unless you are one of the fortunate players in the game you are just along for the ride. And this is not a Republican/Democrat thing. It doesn't matter what party. The president only has the power that Big Business will allow him to have. That is where 90% of the campaign funds come from for everyone involved in the national government, congress the president, and all there little subsidiaries. Gotta keep the money happy or it will go to someone else.