National ID Cards

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by CParso, May 9, 2006.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

No - there is not a worldwide government forming. And there never will be. In order for that to happen, countries would have to give up some independent rights. What incentives do the top countries have? Yes, due to the increasing interaction between countries (economically & socially), there is some attempt of standardizing economic things amongst countries & we try to get along as much as possible, but this is nothing to do with a worldwide ruling government.

It will always be our choice. If we chose to use the ID card and let the government track our puchases - it will be by choice. We will still have cash as a choice.

Ya'll think it will be mandatory, as if they are going to stop issuing cash and everything must be done through this card, but I really don't see this happening regardless of the technology.

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Damnit Red, you and your research... gonna make me work for it I see.

Second Amendment Annotation
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Also, the 2nd amendment isn't incorporated by the Supreme Court to apply to states, so states can make their own laws on it. Thus, a state could legally say you don't have the right to own a gun, and it wouldn't be a constitutional iinfringement.

http://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_2nd.html
    This court ruling specifically refers to militia & defense of the state... Although it doesn't say that it is soley what the amendment applies to, it does show that that argument was used (and supported) to institute a restriction on what some would consider the second amendment right.

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I was thinking about this statement this morning and it came to my attention
    that this is true today but may not be true tomorrow meaning we could only
    be one presidential election away from things changing in this country.
    Each administrations change policies and procedures regarding the US and
    the rest of the world.
    Get some Democrat in there that sales us out to the world the way Bush
    has sold us out to President Fox of Mexico.
    The Baulkans war wasn't in the US's interest btw.

These are only meant as examples, In todays world I really think things can
    change before we realize it and the reasons for change can change over time.
    Example: Renewing and making the Patriot Act permanent saying it is to fight terrorism
    while using also using it to spy on citizens or breaking into peoples homes in NO
    and taking their guns for no reason and not returning them.

4. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

Screw what the courts say, i can't wait to own a house so i can put this up. [​IMG]