National Title Hopes Hinge on beating Florida

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by T-Time, May 13, 2006.

1. col reb

col reb Founding Member

BULL CHIT.....

The Bear would have stood back and watched every minute of it. Have you ever heard the story about what he put his A&M team through? I guess you are right about no fights in your practices. Competition just isn't that stressful in BREC ball.:shock: I'm not trying to be rude.:hihi: I just assume you are still in elementry school due to the fact that you don't use a capital I instead of i.:rofl: And most people start a sentence with a capital letter.:thumb: :laflagwav If you ever hope to go to LSU, you better hit the books. That AIN'T no trade school. The degree there is MOST HONORABLE and NOT given away easy.

2. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Well, since Athlon has LSU ranked outside of the freaking top 10 (#11) in their preseason poll, at least one national mag things LSU won't sniff the Fiesta Bowl.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Not suprising... Personally, I've been suprised to see LSU preseason ranked so high with our tough schedule & losses to graduation. LSU Sports had a link that reported that our average preseason ranking is 2nd in the country.

4. T-Time

T-Time Never Satisfied

But no one is the clear cut front runner, who from last year didn't lose a lot?

USC? lost 2 Heisman trophy winners, their entire backfield, half their OL, starting TE, whoever starts at QB will have 0 starting experience

Texas? lost the only reason they sniffed the national title in vince young, i know they lost a ton else but VY is all that needs to be said

Penn State? lost their starting QB and will probably won't even sniff a BCS bowl game

Ohio state? lost virtually their entire starting defense

West Virginia? lost some key defensive players but their best players are very very young and with them now under the spotlight how will they perform? every time W Virginia has been highly ranked they've fallen flat

Virginia Tech? no vick, and the program is in shambles now

Alabama? no brody croyle

notre dame? possibility, but were way overranked last year because they are notre dame.

georgia? new starting QB

TCU? haha thats amusing

i could go on and on, but who has a legitimate claim to the preseason #1?

every amazing team has big big question marks.

the national title race is as open as it has been in a long time.

5. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

Someone please remind me why it is exactly that Florida is the team to beat? Did anyone watch that woeful team last year? I guess Urban just needed that first year to feel out his players?
    They may be decent, but please let Urban show something besides a dreadful boring ass offense before annointing them the team to beat. Chris Leak was mediocre at best. I am surely not ready to pass them the torch. AU will be a tougher test.

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Shambles????:confused:

7. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

Its amusing that you guys say "No more Brodie Croyle" and that's your only reason why we wont do anything next year. Everyone has said that...Do you guys think he is God of college football or something?

I've never been a BC fan. Sure, I have always wanted him to do well because it makes us do well, but it doesn't hurt my feelings that he is gone. I think that JPW will do a pretty good job. He doesn't have the arm that Brodie has but I believe that he's smarter and his mechanics are better. I saw him play a LOT of games in HS (for Hoover--the best program in the state).

Our defense will be there again--just like always. Also, we're returning one of the best RB/FB combos in the SEC in Darby/McClain (Castille). The offensive line was very young--nowhere to go but up; recievers also.

It's crazy how you base Bama's upcoming season on how we dont have BC....You're not looking at the whole picture.

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I don't think your defense will be up to the level it's been recently. It saved your butts a lot last year, hell probably saved your season. So even if the offense improves without Croyle, which I expect, I don't think it will be enough because you won't have as good of a defense. Bama will field a good team - make a bowl & all, but it won't win more than 9 games.

Get used to that... Lots of these guys suddenly thought Les was a great coach after our bowl game, when they couldn't see past their own nose during the season with their endless bashing.

9. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

i dont think he would have allowed a full out BRAWL. he would have allowed two players to duke it out fair and square no doubt.

thanks for your deep deep sincerity, im sure u werent trying to be rude at all. ill let u know that i play for a pretty big football program in california that has produced stars like ricky manning, bruce bowen, tim mcdonald(my current coach), brandon breazell(UCLA WR),and many many others. education...well i currently havea 4.08 as a sophmore, have taken AP classes and passed the tests. we are something like 200th in the nation in AP tests passed to total student population. uhh what school did u go to? when was the last time u played football? did u play real football? do u kno anything of value?

:eek:lefire: go to he|| ole miss!

hope u understood that one with my poor grammar:cry:

10. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

Like another poster said, nobody from our defense was drafted in the first round, so it must be the system, not individuals. :thumb:

You can write it down right now that the defensive line will be just as good, probably better. I mean the speed is unbelieveable along with lots of experience! We'll field one of the best Dline in the SEC/country.

LB's are going to be solid...No DeMeco Ryans and yeah, that hurts, but we have Lott nominee Juwan Simpson leading the pack. Terrance Jones hasnt been a starter, but has played some quality minutes. I'd say MLB will be our weakest LB position.

Secondary will be solid again. Robinson is back...Castille is back. Look out for FS Jeffery Dukes! He's "The Truth". He's really going to wow some people this year.

With that said, the I think the defense will be on par with last years. The Dline is just going to be crazy good and fast. The secondary will be decent with still a good bit of experience, and the LB's will get the job done.

It's going to be interesting...I cant wait! I'm a little too excited I think.

RTR