Nation's #1 QB class for 2013 now enrolled at LSU!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger_fan, Jan 16, 2013.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I'm not enamoured with Richt. I guess in comparing Miles and Richt (and a bunch of other coaches at big time programs), Miles ain't doing so bad.

2. lsu-i-like

Russell was a freak of talent (recruited by Saban), but I wouldn't say he was a great QB because he only got as far as his arm allowed. His best successes were getting us out of pickles he put in us. His development was minimal.

Flynn won us the NC (and was recruited by Saban), and we haven't had comparative output at the QB position since.

Perrilloux was a net negative to the program and it wasn't even close. He contributed to Miles' NC, but in a support role. His bigger contribution was leaving a void at QB causing Miles to abuse Lee and JJ in turns (moreso Lee, IMO).

Andrew Hatch was one of Miles' best independent contributions to the QB situation at LSU and was used to fill the void Perrilloux left. Barely serviceable.

Lee was abused from the start and was never given a fair shot, IMO. Choosing to not rotate Lee and Jefferson early as Lee struggled through his redshirt season was a mistake, and Miles never improved on his use of Lee. Not to say that Lee didn't struggle, which is obvious to anyone who watched his record number of pick-6s.

Jefferson was misused and could have benefited from a more consistent rotation with Lee, IMO. Painful. Probably could have been better had the QB situation during his time here not been so bungled.

Mettenberger is probably Miles' best independent contribution to the QB situation at LSU and has so far struggled, with some potential shown. More help from the receiving core would be nice.

This is not a legacy to be proud of, IMO. I'm also frustrated by the lack of creativity in getting players like Holliday and Shepard involved in the offense.

I'm happy about getting these two guys, and glad to see one described as a quick learner and a student of the game, who also happens to be fairly mobile. It is better than not getting. Just hope they aren't squandered.

stevescookin likes this.
  3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

Don't forget clausen!

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Who would you take as your qb Jordan Jefferson or Marcus Randle?

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I would hope Jefferson would be up there he started for 2 seasons, and the back end of 2 seasons. Hell Mettenberger in 1 season has thrown for more than half the yards JJ did in 4 seasons. And who knows what Randle could have done with our D in 2009, 2010, and 2011.

6. HeLsFury

HeLsFury Founding Member

This post means shit.
    Look for LSU to post a 5 win season this year.

7. lsu-i-like

Just wanted to say, sorry for being so negative. This is a bright and hopeful development. Frustration about the offense peppers most of my discussion about LSU football these days, but this is better than not getting.

8. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

YOUR post means shit. LSU will post a five win season? Really Troll?

Attack Tiger likes this.
  9. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

Lol....I have a few c-notes against that prediction if your not scared to put your money where your mouth is!!

Attack Tiger likes this.
  10. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Admit that you are exagerating please. If not, you are obviously delusional. Talent alone wins 8 games.