Naysayers! Gloom and Doomers! Please read:

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, May 30, 2005.

1. clair

clair Rockets

But the night before games?

Like they said before, Skip wouldn't allow that! At least i wouldn't think

2. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Well I wasn't at LSU till 2001 so i never met any of the NC Baseball teams, but I knew players from all three years of LSU baseball (2001-2004 and I know alot of the current players and know they drink at Tigerbar on Tuesday and Mellow Shroom on Sunday nights) and they drank heavily (and played terrible pool) as did John Corbello, buts thats another story. I have actually not heard or seen any of the guys drink on Thursdays or Fridays... Saturdays they sometimes would drink hard at a couple of the tailgates and do kareoki

3. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

Today I almost got in an accident with one of the players in a parking lot. I'm not going to say who or where, but lets just say there were a few of them racing each other to get to the place and I almost got hit by one of the more prominent players.

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I know for a fact that a few of them were at Fred's and Sports drinking around me during my college days, the night before games. :thumb:

5. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

I believe everyone knows LSU has done well after a late slump in the season. I'm also sure that it is not something anyone would want to plan. Also, it will not happen more often than it will. That is making a solid run in the post season.

I hope the Tigers do well. But it is starting to appear that you are trying to make yourself believe.

6. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

I would be a little annoyed at 0 wins at the CWS but I would still be happy we got there unlike a lot of other teams.

I do hope we win a game if we get there though to save Smoke's arse in some peoples eyes.

Hell, I hope we win them ALL!

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Nope. I'm always optimistic. I'm just trying to get the hand wringers and teeth gnashers to relax.

8. lsubatgirl04

lsubatgirl04 Cupcake Thief

Please don't think this drinking issue is new to the LSU Baseball program. I assure you Skip's boys were just as bad.

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

That is refreshing in a way. I was told by multiple people that Skip's teams did not drink the night before games.

10. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Then you were quite wrong.

I know for a fact that many kids did in fact drink before some big games.

Now, am I saying that in a bad way? Well no, as the games were actually won.