NBA is trending towards crap

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Bayou Bengal11, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

this no tolerance...cant say hi or give googly eyes crap on the court or you get thrown out is really starting to get annoying. it will turn me away from the game if it continues.

btw....what started this rant....why the hell did Jameer Nelson get thrown out the game vs the Heat tonight?!?!

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I saw Jason Williams get thrown out, too.

It is getting stupid.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

All the complaining done by NBA players on every single call was getting beyond nauseating. I can accept what is going on now much better.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The complaining is warranted. The NBA's officials are the worst in the world. I can't even watch the NBA anymore because of the officiating.

What's interesting is, what's going to happen when the big dogs start complaining? Lebron and Howard, Kobe, are they going to throw them out? They are the ones putting people in the seats. I would bet my life that David Stern has directed the officials to not throw those guys out of the games, just like he directs them to call certain fouls on certain players and to not call fouls on certain players.

The NBA is corrupt, and David Stern is at the heart of it.

5. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I haven't seen the rule enforced (I don't watch NBA), but from the wording of it early on, it seemed kinda ridiculous. They had to do something about all of the whining but I think they went a little too far with the wording. It's an emotional, physical game and you will have outbursts of emotions on the court. You just can't stop that.

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Sure, you can. You can certainly mold it. From the officials standpoint, its the boy who cried wolf. The players complain about everything like a bunch of sissies. Basketball has a rule called a foul for a reason. So many fouls go un-called nowadays compared to the past that it is ridiculous. Little leagues play more disciplined than the National Basketball Association of professional basketball players. These guys just want to be on a blacktop with no rules whatsoever. Any foul called and they complain. Do I want the emotion and passion taken out, absolutely not, but those moments should be saved for a great pass, a steal, a shot that wins the game, a great defensive play, etc, not b/c you are upset at a foul call and can't step away and realize it was actually a foul. Regarding JNelson, none of us know what led up to the incident. Maybe he was complaining all game, etc, don't know. Wouldn't be surprised if it was poor judgement by the official, but regarding trying to mold the crybaby attitude, I am all for that.

7. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

It's getting bad. Players get called for a foul and in a show of a motion, run/walk away from the play. They aren't even in the refs face. It's ridiculous.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXZbiuaXN88]YouTube - Nate Robinson Technical Foul[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QHdiup2Z_U&feature=related]YouTube - Glen Davis Ridiculous Technical Foul[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BDSOLPcgq8]YouTube - Joey Crawford's technical on Matt Barnes October 29, 2010 Vs Phoenix Suns[/ame]