NBA, NCAA Hope To Impose New Age Limit

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TigerBait3, Apr 7, 2008.

1. clair

clair Rockets

I will put it in video game terms because I know no other way to explain it. lol

If out of high school these four players are rated:

Player A: 70
    Player B: 68
    Player C: 66
    Player D: 64

And they go to the NBA now, Player C and D are most likely to fail.

But if they go to college and get a little better and are now:

Player A: 75
    Player B: 73
    Player C: 71
    Player D: 69

C and D are still most likely to fail.

No doubt that kids will be more NBA ready as rookies now and that is never a horrible thing for the league.

My point is just that regardless of where you go to school, regardless of where you play in college and how long you play for, eventually the NBA will field the top 350 players in the end.

But you absolutely right. This has 100% to do with protecting the dumb GMs.

It's so sad, but so true.

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

In a happy world let them all have a shot, but it hurts too many teams, families, players, colleges, and the league.

Nice analogy btw. ;)

3. clair

clair Rockets

well it was being typed as I trade for Dwight Howard in 2k8, so it was the best I could do. :wave:

4. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

This is so dumb. It creates a pool of 18 and 19-year-olds who are NBA material, but most certainly NOT college material. Now you tell these kids that instead of turning their skill into income, they have to enroll in college and fake their way through being a "student-athlete" for two years.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

They dont have to go to college.

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Okay so my post was a joke but regarding the comment overall, it's official and Mayo has declared. From the press release:

LOS ANGELES – USC freshman guard O.J. Mayo has decided to forego his eligibility at USC and declare for the 2008 NBA Draft.

The 6-foot-5 freshman, is a dynamic all-around player widely regarded as the top player in his class since the seventh grade. Mayo has not signed with an agent, but plans to in the near future.

“I am so thankful for the fans and alumni at USC and around the nation that have been so supportive of me and my teammates throughout the season,” said Mayo.