NBA refs

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LaSalleAve, May 25, 2010.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

That at least shows that the NBA still has a chance to get out of their current struggles. Which I hope for.

The MLB regular season passed up the NBA regular season I believe which should be the focus because a big number of NBA fans do not start watching until the playoffs anyway but they need to get that number down. But the big money does come from the playoffs and finals which have taken a serious hit this decade.

Good point about the time between games because it seems like a pansy league now with 4 days in between road and home games in the playoffs. That is ridiculous. :dis:

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

The assertion that the league office manipulates the playoffs through the refs is not a new one. It was alleged during the Russell, Cousey, Havlicek era.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

That is a fact, heard it straight from a few credible horses' mouths.

4. DRC

DRC TigerNator

You need to put that into perspective. Those ratings are cable only. Compared to overall TV viewership those are pitiful numbers. When WWE RAW and Sponge Bob are your measuring stick that tells you something. The league has a huge image problem.

5. jarichonas

jarichonas Freshman

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Watching ESPN today and almost all the shows are discussing the over-officiating by the refs and say it is becoming more and more of a common theme in the NBA over the years.

Many are getting a good laugh though because it only became a major issue now that the Lakers lost and Kobe was in foul trouble last night. Kobe is rarely in foul trouble so it shouldn't be the case right.:hihi:

Look for the refs to let them play, especially Kobe and Garnett from here on out and for Stern to fine any coaches or players making any comments about the officiating like he always does.

One of his old responses to the same issue "Make my Day". What a douche.:lol:

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I never understood why officials are protected. They make mistakes they should be criticized for it, fined, suspended, especially if they effect the outcome of games with crap calls.

It's really neck in neck on who the worst officials in the world are, between SEC officials and NBA refs, man it's a push.

8. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Hmmm. Them horses wouldn't happen to be former Pisons would they?:popcorn:

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

tried watching nba again. didnt get very far. my god, the games suck. way too many whistles. i'll try again in a few years.

10. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

watched a game last night for the 1st time in a while.

When did the NBA institute replay?!!?